Boarding Requirements and Regulations:
· All pets must have proof of current vaccinations (Rabies, FVRCP, Feline Leukemia), a negative Feline Leukemia/FIV test, and a yearly fecal test. If you cannot provide proof, we will perform the tests and administer the vaccines at your expense.
· All pets must have a current (within the year) exam by one of our veterinarians. If not done prior, this will be done on the day of drop off and there will be an exam fee.
· Upon arrival, all pets will be given a dose of Capstar, a temporary flea medication, at no additional fee. If your pet has a severe flea/tick infestation, and requires additional treatment, we will administer additional medication at your expense.
· If we see evidence of any intestinal parasites, we will administer the appropriate medication also at your expense.
· All pets will be provided 45 minutes a day of playtime in the boarding room. Bedding and litter pans will be checked and changed multiple times a day as needed during business hours.
· If your pet becomes ill or if an emergency situation arises, our veterinary staff will attempt to contact you with a treatment plan and cost estimation of the treatment plan and we will provide the necessary treatment for your pet.
· If your pet does become ill or expire while boarding at our facility, Daniel-Randall Veterinary clinic and/or its staff cannot be held liable.
· If you neglect to pick up your pet or contact our staff to make other arrangements, within seven days of the original departure date, Daniel-Randall Veterinary Clinic will assume the animal is abandoned and will contact the proper authorities. This would NOT release you of your financial obligations to Daniel-Randall Veterinary Clinic for the services our facility provided.
· Pets will only be discharged during regular business hours and payment in full is expected at the time of discharge.
· We are not a 24-hour facility. Therefore, our facility is not staffed during non-business hours. However, a staff member will come in periodically to attend to your pet during non-business hours.