Summer Accelerator 2022 Application
· Deadline: 11:59pm PT, April 3, 2022
· Pitch/Interview Round: April 19-21, 2022 virtual (pitch invites will be sent out week of April 11)
· Notification of Acceptance: Mid-May 2022
The 2022 Summer Accelerator will be a hybrid program (virtual and in-person) beginning
on Tuesday, July 5 and ending on Thursday, September 8.
Core Team Responsibilities & Requirements
1. Attend in-person Summer Accelerator Orientation to learn more about what to expect during program (date TBD; in June)
2. Attend first day of Summer Accelerator for in-person team building activity and office hours (July 5)
3. Work on your startup full-time (40 hrs/wk) hybrid from 7/5 – 9/8
4. Attend all events (usually on Mon/Tues/Wed from 4-8 pm) – Weekly Office Hours, Fireside Chats, Skill Workshops, etc. (hybrid)
5. Collaborate with other Summer Accelerator teams through a variety of hybrid activities during the program
6. Participate in our in-person Mentor Night event (date TBD; in July)
7. Participate in our Silicon Valley trip -- approximately 2 core team members who have been working full-time in co-working space (date TBD; usually late August)
8. Participate in our in-person Demo Day on 9/8
9. The CEO will be the primary presenter throughout the program and must have prior approval in order to delegate to another member of team.
10. Timely communication with the Startup UCLA staff
11. Incorporate feedback from the Startup UCLA staff when required (especially for pitches and pitch decks)
12. Complete weekly goal tracker to be discussed during office hours
13. Mutual transparency -- Startup UCLA staff will be open and honest with you and requires the same in return
14. Commit to the highest ethical standards -- uphold the True Bruin values
15. Stay involved with Startup UCLA and its alumni network after the Summer Accelerator
16. During the selection process we take into consideration the size of your core team. Due to space restrictions, we do not guarantee space for your interns.
1. The team is at least 50% currently enrolled UCLA students (undergraduate or graduate) or recent UCLA alumni (graduated within the last 5 years)
2. The startup is at the product stage. You have either developed the prototype, beta, or launched. Startups that have not yet reached at least the prototype stage will not be considered.
3. Be passionate about your startup and entrepreneurship
4. Willingness to go above and beyond to do great work
5. Superior communication and analytical skills
6. Self-starter/s with a strong desire to succeed and to grow personally and professionally
7. Thrive on receiving feedback, coachable attitude, and work well with others
8. Be collaborative and engaged with other teams in cohort
Perks & Benefits
1. $5,000 stipend per team/no equity taken. (Paid out in August/September contingent on your work and commitment to developing your startup. Stipend is income and taxed at the end of the year.)
2. Meet and hear from top entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts.
3. Complimentary legal guidance from a premiere law firm, Fenwick
4. Trip to Silicon Valley for 3 days/2 nights. Group will travel on charter bus and stay at hotel for 2 nights. Transportation and meal expenses covered by Startup UCLA for approximately 2 core team members, who have been working full-time in co-working space.
5. $10,000 in Amazon Web Services credits
6. Hubspot credits
All applicants must have met with Startup UCLA staff between September 1, 2021 and April 1, 2022 through Blackstone LaunchPad venture consulting: schedule a meeting here. (We encourage applicants to schedule more than one meeting so that they can begin to implement feedback and execute on ideas developed during those meetings, but only one meeting is required.)
Please do not disclose to Startup UCLA any material that you believe is confidential or proprietary, or for which you expect to receive consideration or compensation in any form. By submitting material to Startup UCLA, you acknowledge that such material is neither confidential nor proprietary, and you waive the right to receive compensation of any kind for the material.
If you have any questions about the application or any of the above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Summer Accelerator program is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances related to UCLA COVID-19 policies and the safety for all.
*All team members working on-campus must adhere to the current UCLA COVID-19 policies at that time.*