I hereby consent to participate in telemental health with Leslie Rouder, LCSW PA, as part of my psychotherapy.
I understand that telemental health is the practice of delivering clinical health care via technology, assisted media, or other electronic means between a practitioner and a client who are located in two different locations. I understand the following with respect to telemental health:
1. I understand that I have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting my future care, services, or program benefits to which I would otherwise be entitled.
2. I understand that there are risks, benefits, and consequences associated with telemental health, including but not limited to, disruption of transmission by technology failures, interruption and/or breaches of confidentiality by unauthorized persons, and/or limited ability to respond to emergencies.
3. I understand that there will be no recording of any of the online sessions by either party. All information disclosed within-session and written records pertaining to those sessions are confidential and may not be disclosed to anyone without written authorization, except where the discourse is permitted and/or required by law.
4. I understand that the privacy laws that protect the confidentiality of my protected health information (PHI) also apply to telemental health unless an exception to confidentiality applies (i.e. mandatory reporting of the child, elder, or vulnerable adult abuse; danger to self or others; I raise mental/emotional health as an issue in a legal proceeding.)
5. I understand that if I am having suicidal or homicidal thoughts, actively experiencing psychotic symptoms, or experiencing a mental health crisis that cannot be resolved remotely, it may be determined that telemental health services are not appropriate and a higher level of care is required.
6. I understand that during a telemental health session, we could encounter technical difficulties resulting in service interruptions, If this occurs, end and restart our session. If we are unable to reconnect within ten minutes, please call me at (561) 706-1274 to discuss this since we may have to re-schedule. I have read the information provided above and discussed it with my therapist. I understand the information contained in this form and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.