COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Registration
Your reservation is not held until you complete the registration successfully and receive a GREEN CHECK MARK at the end. In order to confirm your spot, do not navigate away from this page until you've submitted the form.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED
1. Special instructions for minors: 0-15: Parent or legal guardian needs to fill out form and accompany patient to visit. Ages 16-17: Parent or legal guardian needs to fill out form only.
2. Any positive results would need to be followed up with further tests by your doctors. A negative test result is not a 100% guarantee that you do not have COVID-19 and does not guarantee that you will not get it in the future either.
3. The cost of a COVID-19 rapid antigen test is $65 (discounted from $84 for prepayment). We cannot currently bill your medical insurance for the testing. Many of our patients have had success in providing their receipt to the insurance company for reimbursement after the test. We will provide you with a results sheet/invoice which has our Tax ID, NPI, Lab License No, and other pertinent details insurance companies require; however, the pharmacy cannot guarantee that the insurance will reimburse you - please confirm with your insurance company first. The test is non-refundable.
4. Cancelling or rescheduling your appointment: if you make a payment via credit card and cannot make your appointment or no longer need the appointment, you may TRANSFER the appointment to a friend, family, etc. OR you may keep that appointment on file with our pharmacy as a CREDIT which can be used for a future test. To cancel your appointment, you can email Info@lititzrx.com. No refunds are available, but a credit will remain on file for you. If you were going to pay cash in person and need to cancel/reschedule, please email info@LititzRX.com with "CASH TEST" as the subject.
5. Results are EMAILED to you after the test within 30-60 minutes.
6. We recommend checking with the Airline/Country prior to reserving and ensure the required information is present to ensure a proactive approach. Rules changes are very fluid and the patient is responsible for ensuring proper information is present based on requirement.
7. If you want to schedule COVID tests for a family or several people coming in the same car, please select consecutive appointments & you can come together at the first designated appointment you have selected. If coming to test a number of family members, we recommend you come together in the same car when possible, to allow us to expedite your tests.
8. If the test is for a child, the parent of the child can assist with the nasal swab process.
9. Helpful links: Rapid Result Fact Sheet | How the Nasal Swab is Done