We want to get to know you better. Please choose TWO essay topics, one from (I.) Life and one from (II.) Faith and share your thoughts with us, in detail. We would like for you to write at least one page for each topic for us to read. Remember this section is very heavily weighted. Do your best thinking! If this is not your first year to apply for a scholarship, please do not answer the same questions, choose one you haven't done before. If you choose to use the same question for your essay make sure it is a VERY different perspective/answer.
1. If you could serve as an apprentice to someone, who would you like that to be
and what would you hope to learn from them?
2. What is the biggest problem your generation faces and how does it affect you?
3. What is the kindest thing someone has done for you and how did it affect you?
4. Have you had a teacher that taught you more than the subject of their class?
Explain in detail how she/he impacted your learning and your life.
5. If you had the opportunity to ask someone (past and present) a question,
who would you ask, what would the question be and why would you ask
that specific question?
6. If you could solve one specific problem, what would it be and why?
7. If you had unlimited resources, what one thing would you do to change the world?
8. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be and why?
9. Tell us about an event that forever changed you.
10. What do you believe your purpose in life to be?
1. Tell of a time when your faith guided you.
2. What does being a Christian mean to you? How do you live as a Christian in
your daily walk?
3. Tell us about your most life-changing event.
4. What will be your role in sharing your faith in post-college/university years?
5. What role did the church have in your current faith?
6. What faith struggles do persons your age group experience?
7. Tell of a time when your faith was tested and how you were changed by the
8. What keeps your faith strong?
9. What do you believe is one of your stronger spiritual gifts and how do you
attempt to use it?
10. What would you say to someone who has no faith?