TERMS & CONDITIONS OF TRADING 2/4
1. Festival Organisers may confiscate any goods of a sexist, racist or offensive nature, or any product that offends for cultural appropriation reasons.
2. All traders must display signs with their business name and address and price lists in a visible location at their stall. Any descriptions of goods made by traders must be accurate.
3. Employers Liability and Public Liability Insurance must be on display in stalls at all times. Traders must meet all employers legal Health & Safety responsibilities to their staff and must ensure contractors delivering to/working on their stall are suitably insured.
4. Traders must ensure their staff adhere to the published pass system. Pitches are sold with an allocation of trader passes. Vehicle passes are non-transferable and must not be switched to another vehicle.
5. No animals are permitted on the Festival sites.
6. All vehicles are brought on site at their owners’ risk, and must be suitably insured. No vehicle movements may take place during the licence period. 5-mph speed limits are in force on all sites at all times. No motorcycles, quad bikes or buggies are permitted on site.
7. Traders must comply with legislation relating to Health, Safety, Hygiene, Noise at Work, Working at Height and smoke free legislation. Traders are not permitted to start trading until they have completed a health and safety check which will happen onsite.
8. Traders are responsible for keeping both the 10 metre area in front of their stalls as well as their back of market space tidy and free of rubbish. Traders leaving any rubbish, refrigerators, furniture, equipment or structures will be charged for the cost of clearing their pitch and disposing of the rubbish – and may not be invited back to trade at future events.
9. Waste water must be put in the containers provided and not poured on the ground or into streams. The dumping of sumps is prohibited at all sites.
10. It is essential that all traders have appropriate fire extinguishers for their stalls.
11. All gas equipment in trading units and camping area must have current safety certification. Safety precautions regarding storage of bottled gas must be followed.
12. Traders are not allowed to bring straw or hay on site. Under no circumstances can traders have straw or hay inside their stalls, irrespective of weather.
13. Electricity for market traders will be provided on site and recharged to the trader. Generators are not permitted. Traders who pull more power than agreed will be disconnected and closed down. All electrical equipment on site must have a current safety certificate.
14. All traders must use compostable, biodegradable disposables, absolutely no plastic bags are permitted. Traders must ensure taps are not left running or connected to public taps.
15. No broadcasting of sound or visual images (including transmitting or casting text messages or other material to mobile phones) will be permitted by any trading staff or from any stall.
16. Traders are required to cooperate fully with Officials – including site management, security, the emergency services, the Police and all official organisations of the site – such as the Environmental Health Officers, Fire Officers, Customs and Excise staff, the Environment Agency, Trading Standards Officers and Inland Revenue staff.
17. Festival Republic Limited will not accept responsibility for the level of trading at an event. No rebates will be given to traders as a result of adverse weather conditions, changes in performance programmes, re-siting of acts to different venues, nor as a result of any changes in the layout of trading areas.
18. Traders must comply with any site specific requirements to enable the event to run within licence constraints, any site specific requirements will be outlined in the Traders Info for each event.
19. If a trader is closed down and/or evicted from site for contravening an event licence, any of these Terms & Conditions or prescribed health and safety or environment health standards, they shall not be entitled to any rebate.
20. Traders may display in front of their stall – but must not extend beyond a maximum of one metre. In some trading runs even that may be too great and may impede crowd movement. Traders must respond immediately if asked to remove any racks or boards by festival management or security. As this is a crowd safety issue, failure to respond immediately will result in the stall being closed.
21. If the Festival is cancelled for any reason in its entirety before the first admission of attendees to the Festival Site on the first day of the Festival (including, without limitation, as a result of a Force Majeure Event), we shall refund to you all of the payments you made to us for the Festival. All refunds due shall be made after our monies refunded from the Festival are cleared and the repayment of such monies shall be our sole liability to you.
22. If the Festival is cancelled for any reason either in its entirety or in part after the admission of attendees of the Festival to the Festival Site (including, without limitation, as a result of a Force Majeure Event) we shall not be under any obligation to refund to you any of the payments you made to us and we shall have no liability to you in these circumstances.
23. VAT is charged in accordance with the VAT status of the event. Event status can change at anytime and is determined by HMRC guidelines.