Acknowledgement of Risk & Release of Liability
**Every individual must read and understand the following information before participating in equine activities.**
To: Hope Haven Therapeutic Riding Centre and Family Camp Inc, their directors, employees, volunteers, business operators, and site property owners (all of them collectively called the HOST).
1. I Understand there are inherent DANGERS, HAZARDS and RISKS, (collectively called RISKS) associated with Equine Activities and injuries resulting from these "RISKS" are a common occurrence.
2. I Acknowledge that the Inherent "RISKS" of Equine Activities mean those DANGEROUS conditions which are an integral part of Equine Activities, including but not limited to:
The propensity of any equine to behave in ways that might result in injury, harm or death to persons on or around them and to potentially collide with, bite or kick other animals, people or objects. The unpredictability of an equine's reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement, tremors, vibrations, unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals and hazards such as subsurface objects. The potential for other participant(s) to act in a negligent manner that might contribute to injury to themselves or others, such as failing to act within their ability or to maintain control over an equine.
3. I Freely Accept and Fully Assume All Responsibility for the Inherent "RISKS" and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from my Participation in Equine Activities.
4. I Acknowledge that it remains my Sole Responsibility to act in such a manner as to be responsible for my own safety and to Participate Within My Own Limits.
5. In addition to consideration given for my Participation in Equine Activity, I and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns (collectively called my "Legal Representatives") agree
To Waive All Claims that I might have against the "HOST"; and To Release the "HOST" from Any and All Liability for any loss, damages, injury, or expense that I or my "Legal Representatives” might suffer as a result of my Participation due to any cause whatsoever including any negligence on the part of the "HOST"; and To HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE "HOST" from any and all liability for property damage or personal injury to any third party which might result from my Participation in Equine Activities.
I am signing this form for myself and/or my dependent under my own free will and hereby release and agree to hold harmless the "HOST" from any and all claims or liabilities related to my attendance at Hope Haven.