Terms & Conditions
Court hire fees and charges are current to the 30th June 2022. Fees and Chargers will be reviewed as part of the annual budget process and generally increase in line with CPI. User Groups will be provided 28 days’ notice of any changes to the fees and charges applicable from 1st July 2022.
The Parks will continue to follow all Covid 19 directions and will require all user groups to follow these directions.
From time to time, the Parks may require the facility for an event booking. We will give as much notice as possible if an amendment or cancellation to a regular booking is required.
1. A signed form indicates an acceptance by the school/organisation of the costs, charges, Terms and Conditions associated with the requested booking.
2. The booking request is not confirmed until a YMCA staff member has reviewed the request and completed the confirmation section on this form. Upon approval a copy of the booking request will then be forwarded to your representative.
3. If you need to cancel your booking at any time please advise us by contacting the centre as soon as possible. Bookings cancelled with less than 1 weeks notice will occur the minimum booking charge. $250 . Bookings cancellation less than one (1) week prior to the visit will incur an administration fee of 50% of the total quoted amount.
4. Management reserves the right to change facility/lane allocation. Additional space/activities/usage may not be available at short notice. If additional time or space is used, the YMCA reserves the right to charge the group accordingly.
5. Details of issues (medical or otherwise), that may impact on a participants involvement in an activity or learning environment should be discussed and detailed to the booking officer or member of management.
6. The Department of Education’s Schools Exclusion Guidelines apply to all program and service bookings provided by the YMCA. (including but not limited to head lice, diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, plantar warts/papaloma)
7. Supervision expectations of school groups are in line with the Department of Education’s requirements for teachers to maintain direct presence during any program operation and correct Teacher to Student ratio’s are adhered to.
8. Active supervision of children less than ten (10) years of age is required in all parts of the centre. This must be by a responsible person sixteen (16) years or older.
9. YMCA programs and services are conducted in accordance with child protection policy & guidelines.
10. Financial responsibility for loss, theft, personal injury or facility damage is accepted by the school / organisation.
11. During any emergency where a full or partial evacuation is required instructions will be given from a YMCA staff member and are to be adhered to at all times. If you would like to see our Emergency Action Plan please contact the centre.
12. The YMCA prohibits guests or hirers consuming or bringing any alcohol into the centre without prior approval from management and a necessary legal permit from the Liquor Licensing Commission.
13. Code of Conduct: - Compliance with safety & risk management rules and staff directions assist in maintaining an amicable environment. Contrary physical, verbal or emotional behaviour is unwelcome. School/Organisation leaders should ensure participant behaviour contributes to the maintenance of an amicable environment.
Dry Areas / Bookings
22. Organisations accepting supervisory responsibilities are reminded: a) To attach a copy of Public Liability Insurance for a minimum of $20MIL. Further qualifications may be required depending on nature of proposed group activities.
23. Any participants using the Health Club or Group Fitness classes must wear enclosed footwear, comfortable clothing and bring a towel. We have a no towel no work out policy!
24. Any keys approved to be used must be signed out by the hirer/organization. All costs associated with the replacement of lost keys or repining of locks is the responsibility of the hirer/organization.
25. No external vendors or businesses are able to access the centre without prior written consent of the YMCA.
26. Clubs / Hirers cannot sell food or drinks without prior written consent of the YMCA.
27. All tournaments, functions, conferences, exhibitions and seminars must supply their own First Aid qualified representatives and First Aid Supplies. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure all First Aid needs is met. The YMCA will provide emergency first aid support should the need arise.
Safeguarding Children / Young People and other Vulnerable People Expectations
Safeguarding Children / Young People and other Vulnerable People Expectations YMCA South Australia is committed to the safety of children / young people and other vulnerable people in all of our facilities. As such, YMCA undertakes accreditation with the Australian Childhood Foundation to ensure the highest level of safety for our customers and staff. The YMCA requires User Groups to comply with the YMCA Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Children / Young People and other Vulnerable People, particularly when their activities involve any person under the age of 18.
Safeguarding Children / Young People and other Vulnerable People
1. The YMCA is committed to the safety of children / young people and other vulnerable people in all of our facilities. As such, YMCA undertakes accreditation with the Australian Childhood Foundation to ensure the highest level of safety for our customers and staff. As such, the Hirer is required to: a) Accept responsibility to act in accordance with YMCA’s Safeguarding Children / Young People and other Vulnerable People policies. b) Maintain an accurate list of current staff and volunteers who will be working at YMCA sites. c) Inform the YMCA immediately and report within 12 hours of becoming aware of any reports or allegations of serious child abuse or neglect that involves the hirers or YMCA staff or volunteers.
2. “Free/recreational time” is not permitted at any time, when children/young people are not directly supervised. All participants must be involved in supervised planned activities. All participants must be effectively supervised, including those spectating.
3. User Groups are responsible for the conduct of their members and must ensure they conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.
4. All staff and volunteers of the User Group must be appropriately qualified and trained to conduct their activity, as specified by industry peak bodies, best practice and DCSI requirements. Proof of staff/volunteer qualifications may be requested by Management.
5. It is strongly recommended that should your group include minors (i.e. primary and high school students) that any relevant medical information and emergency contact numbers are on hand should an emergency arise.
6. The User shall be responsible for and ensure that the behaviour of participating persons is appropriate.
7. Regular User Groups that do not operate under YMCA Supervision will be required to attend a facility induction that will include emergency evacuation procedures for the relevant area. In the event of an emergency, all patrons must comply with any request from YMCA staff.
8. The User must comply with the Centre’s child supervision policy, which requires adequate supervision of children by an adult at all times, particularly in relation to watch around water requirements. • All User groups must nominate a Person in Charge (PIC) at all times of usage. The PIC should be aware of the YMCA’s expectations of behaviour, health and safety, and emergency procedures. • The PIC will be responsible for ensuring that the activity area is kept safe and that the activity is conducted in a safe manner at all times. • The PIC will be responsible for ensuring the compliance of any legislation with regards to conducting children’s sporting activities or clinics.
Method of Payment: Payment within 14 days on receipt on invoice Cash / Cheque payment on the day
I declare that I have the delegated authority of the above-listed Club / Organisation to submit this expression of interest and that all information is true, accurate and correct. I understand and agree to the above.