SYMF 2022 Summer Festival
The 2022 Festival is scheduled to be held in person during the summer at the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music on the campus of California State University Long Beach (CSULB). Our tentative dates are July 16 (SAT), July 17 (SUN) and July 23 (SAT), July 24 (SUN), and July 25 (MON).
SYMF 2022 Member Dues: $80
All fees must be paid ONLINE and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
This form is for ALL Members (Current, Re-Instating, & New)
Current Members are teachers who paid SYMF Dues in 2019 and/or 2021.
Deadline for submitting 2022 Member Dues
May 1, 2022 (11:59 PM PT)
- After May 1, 2022, Member Dues: $90 (includes $10 late fee)
Current SYMF Materials (Rules & Regulations and Repertoire Lists) are available at: https://symf.org/summer-festival/rules-regulations/
- At this time, the SYMF Board is considering live (in-person) auditions.
- The Young Musicians' category will be limited to Piano and Strings ONLY and to the Baroque and Early Classical concerto repertoire listed in our Rules and Regulations Booklet.
- These winners will be scheduled to perform with a smaller chamber orchestra.
- However, SYMF must follow all recommended Covid-19 guidelines, as well as CSULB's health protocols for the safety of its campus.
- Due to low enrollment, the Latin American Categories have been removed from both Piano OPEN and Piano QUALIFIED categories.
- NEW: Memorization is OPTIONAL for Wind QUALIFIED categories.
- NO WARM-UP ROOMS WILL BE AVAILABLE for the 2022 Summer Festival.
Dates & Deadlines
- May 1: Last day for TEACHERS to pay SYMF Member Dues for 2022 (without a $10 Late Fee)
- May 15: Last day for TEACHERS to pay SYMF Member Dues for 2022 (with a $10 Late Fee)
- May 15: Last day for TEACHERS to enter students for the 2022 Festival (teachers must use the online Student Entry Form) without the $10 late fee PER ENTRY
- The absolute last day to enter students is May 22 (students entered between May 16 and May 22 will incur a late fee of $10 PER ENTRY)
- Entry Fees for all Solo Categories: $60
- Entry Fees for all Ensemble Categories: $30 per performer
- Entry Fees for all Young Musicians Categories (Piano & Strings ONLY in 2022): $80
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-Place Winners will receive an SYMF trophy with an engraved personalized nameplate.