Purpose: The PHP Assistance Fund is created to provide financial assistance for participants enrolled in the Pennsylvania Physicians’ Health Program who have demonstrated financial assistance need for fees associated with: case initiation, monitoring, advocacy, testifying, drug testing, treatment, and evaluation.
PHP Assistance Funds cannot be utilized to pay for evaluation or treatment services associated with non-profit providers who have the ability to fundraise through their 501-c-3 IRS designation.
Eligibility: PHP participants wishing to apply for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be enrolled in the PHP Program.
- Participants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Participants must complete an online PHP Assistance Fund application and provide the required collateral materials. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Please note that the penalty for submission of fraudulent information will be immediate cessation of financial assistance.
- Assistance is provided for a limited time. If additional assistance is needed, another application will need to be completed.
- Applications will be reviewed and approved by the Sr, Director of Finance and Operations and PHP Staff.
- Required Supporting Documents include:
- Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (but not including the home in which you live) for your parents if you are a dependent student
- Questions regarding the fund or application process may be directed to the PHP at (717) 558-7819, Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.