1. The applicant must have been an active member of the North Carolina State Grange for no less than one year as of April 1, 2022.
The applicant must be a member of either a Community Grange or an Associate member of the North Carolina State Grange. Community Grange members must pay the dues established by that organization or a special rate of $5.00 per year for student membership. Associate membership dues to the North Carolina State Grange are $20.00 per year. There is no special student rate for Associate members. Applicants who have not become members prior to April 1, 2021 will not be considered for a scholarship.
2. The applicant must have been accepted to a post secondary institution. Qualifying institutions are two and four year colleges and universities, community colleges or trade schools.
3. The applicant must be applying as a full-time student.
4. The applicant must be able to document active participation in local or State Grange activities. Those who have not participated in Grange activities will not be considered for a scholarship.
1. Scholarships will be awarded up to $1,000 each, which will be paid directly to the institution unless extenuating circumstances exist.
2. The North Carolina State Grange Board of Directors will determine the number of scholarships awarded.
3. Scholarships may be renewed, subject to the eligibility rules of the North Carolina State Grange. Scholarships can be renewed up to three times at the undergraduate level (5 years total) and four more years for graduate school for a total of eight years of schooling.
4. High School and College Grades/GPA will be a strong consideration in scholarship selection.
================================================================= The Application
1. Complete this application.
2. No less than three letters of recommendation must accompany the application. One of the three letters must come from a Grange leader who is acquainted with the Grange activities in which the applicant has been involved.
3. An official transcript must accompany the application. Transcripts will be reviewed to determine if student is achieving at an acceptable level of performance. High School and College Grades/GPA will be a strong consideration in scholarship selection.
4. Applications and photographs must be received by April 1, 2022. Late applications will not be considered. All required information is due by this deadline, including letters of recommendation and transcripts. Any applications that are missing required information by the deadline will not be considered. A current photograph must be submitted with the application in no less than 300 dpi (dots per inch) suitable to be used with a press release.