Life is Beautiful
Use the following form to submit your answers for this activity online. You will not need to send anything via email. If you rather download the lesson in .PDF and email your answers, follow the link on the lesson page.
Before You Begin Worksheet
1. The title of this movie is Life is Beautiful. What does the title make you think?
2. Based on the title, what do you think thisfilm will be about?
3. What do you know about this film?
4. Jot down a few things you know about events inEurope during WWII.
5. Jotdown a few things you know about events in Italy during WWII.
6. Is there anything you would like to know?(What questions do you have? What are you wondering?)
Viewing the Movie
1. Is Guido the typical “hero” for a film orstory? In what ways is Guido a typical hero or not? Does your opinion of hisheroism change by the end of the film? Why or why not?
2. There’s an old adage that claims “Opposites attract.” Discuss how that saying applies to Guido and Dora’s relationship. Why do you think their relationship works so well?
3. Did Giosue and his mother really “win”? Why or why not? How? Can there really be a victory in this type of situation?
FINAL COMMENTS - We hope that by completing this activity you have learned something new about the songs of WWII and about the songs familiar with the soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division. Please write some of your thoughts and comments in completing this activity.
Street Address Line 2
State / Province
Postal / Zip Code
Please enter a valid phone number.
Are you adescendant of a 10th Mountain Division soldier? If yes, what was his name and what unit was he in?.
Should be Empty: