1. The applicant must be a member of the North Carolina State Grange. Applicants will not be considered for renewal unless Grange membership has been maintained.
Requirements for Membership:
The applicant must be a member of either a Community Grange, or an Associate member of the North Carolina State Grange. Community Grange members must pay the dues established by that organization or a special rate of $5.00 per year for student membership. Associate membership dues to the North Carolina State Grange are $20.00 per year. There is no special student rate for Associate members.
2. The applicant must be enrolled in a post secondary institution. Qualifying institutions are two and four year colleges, universities, community colleges, or trade schools.
3. The applicant must be applying as a full-time student.
4. The applicant must have maintained no less than a 2.8 Grade Point Average at the school which he or she has been attending.
5. Scholarships will be renewed for an amount up to $1,000.00 each when all requirements are met. Scholarships are paid directly to the school unless extenuating circumstances exist. Scholarships can be renewed up to three times for a total of four years at the undergraduate level. Scholarship renewal is now available for four years at the graduate level.
1. Applications submitted must contain the applicant’s signature.
2. A current transcript must be provided which will verify continued attendance in school and the Grade Point Average. Please be sure that your transcript is official, current and includes your spring semester grades.
3. Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2022. Late applications will not be considered for renewal. All required information is due by this deadline. If transcripts are being sent from the school to the Grange office, they too must be postmarked by June 30, 2022. Any applications that are missing required information by the deadline will not be considered.
Applicants must certify that they have completed one of the following:
Complete no less than 10 hours of community service during the past year, June 30, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
Recruited no less than two new members to the Grange during the year, June 30, 2021 through June 30, 2022.