1. SUBMIT ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER HOUSEHOLD. Applications are selected randomly through a lottery. You will be disqualified if more than one application is received per lottery for your household. If you submit an application online, you may NOT submit an application via mail. If you submit an application via mail, you may NOT submit an application online. If you prefer to apply online now rather than completing this paper application
2. You must complete the first three sections (Sections A, B, and C) as well as sign and date the application in order for your application to be reviewed if it is selected for further processing. The application should be completed very carefully. Incomplete information for the number and names of household members
applying to live in the unit, or their incomes, may result in disqualification. In addition, do not use whiteout or liquid paper anywhere on the application. If you need to correct a mistake, you should (a) cross one line neatly through the information, (b) write the revised information neatly next to it, and (c) sign your initials near the change.
3. The completed application must be postmarked no later than October 22, 2022.
4. Only the application should be submitted at this time. If your application is selected for further processing, additional information will be requested at that time.
5. No payment should be given to anyone in connection with the preparation or filing of this application. No broker or application fees may be charged. If your application is selected for further processing, a nonrefundable credit check fee will be collected by the management company at that time ($20 per household).
6. Income Eligibility: Please review the chart in the project advertisement which breaks down the mandatory income levels for the building you are applying to, based on family size. All income sources for all household members should be listed on the application. In general, gross income is calculated for most applicants, except that net income is analyzed for self-employed applicants. Net business income from current and prior years is considered for self-employed applicants, and such applicants must have at least two (2) to three (3) complete years in the same self-employed field. Further, please note that all sources of income must be able to be documented and verified. If your application is selected for further processing you will be contacted, via the method you select on the application (email or paper mail), with a list of such documentation that you will need to provide at that time.
7. Other Eligibility Factors: In addition to the income requirements, other eligibility factors will be applied. These include, but are not limited to:
a. Credit History
b. Criminal Background Checks
c. Continuing Need for Housing Assistance – Applicants to this housing program must demonstrate a continuing need for housing assistance through an analysis of their assets and recent income history
d. Continuing Need – Applicants to the Agency’s low-income housing programs must demonstrate a continuing need for housing assistance through an analysis of their assets and recent income history
8. Application Preferences: There are additional preferences for persons with disabilities, and persons residing in this development’s community board. Please answer the questions on the application carefully to assist in identifying such preferences.
9. Primary Residence Requirement: Any applicant ultimately approved for this development must maintain the new apartment as their sole primary residence. Therefore, any approved tenant will need to surrender any other
primary residences prior to signing a lease for this program. While this is true of all other apartments, maintaining more than one unit which participates in any governmental housing program is a particularly egregious violation of this requirement. Violation of this requirement may lead to the loss of the apartments and leases in question, as well as referral to the appropriate authorities for potential criminal charges.
10. Submission of False or Incomplete Information: Prospective applicants should be aware that this is a governmentally assisted housing program. The submission of false or knowingly incomplete information (either in this application or in any subsequently provided verification documents) will not only result in an applicant’s disqualification but will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for further action – including the possibility of criminal prosecution.