What is the Healthy Workplace Recognition Program?
The Healthy Workplace Recognition Program is an initiative of the San Antonio Business Group on Health (SABGH), in collaboration with the Mayor’s Fitness Council. The program was designed to recognize local employers who create or maintain a culture of wellness within their organizations and make a commitment to support their employees’ health and wellness needs.
Who should apply for recognition through the Healthy Workplace Recognition Program?
Employers who actively promoted a culture of wellness within their organizations throughout 2021 should apply for recognition through the Healthy Workplace Recognition Program. Employers are eligible to participate if they:
- Are located in Bexar County; and
- Have the ability to demonstrate senior management support of health and wellness initiatives throughout 2021
Why is this year's application different?
The global pandemic brought many issues to employers as individuals continue to be impacted in a multitude of ways. There have been changes in the wellbeing of our employees and the pandemic may have caused organizations to cut back efforts on several of their wellness offerings. The SABGH would like to continue highlighting the excelled efforts through such a difficult year.
Those recognized will be highlighted in multiple platforms across the SABGH including our newsletter, social media, website, and quarterly education forums. A ceremony will not take place for the 2021 program.
What is the application process for the Healthy Workplace Recognition Program?
To apply for the Healthy Workplace Recognition Program, complete the following:
- The Employer Profile section.
- The Organization Initiatives section. How did your organization go above and beyond during 2021?
- The application must be signed and certified by a Benefits Manager/Wellness Program Manager or higher. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You may stop and restart the application by clicking on the SAVE button at the bottom of the screen; however, to access saved information, you must use the same computer that was used to start the application.
- You may go back and forth in your application to make changes. Once the SUBMIT button is clicked, you will no longer be able to make edits to your application.
- Only one application per employer will be accepted. Employers with multiple sites or offices should apply with one application highlighting their wellness initiatives throughout 2021.
- The 2021 application must be submitted by Friday, March 25, 2022.
- Eligible applications will be reviewed by a neutral committee formed by the SABGH.