We are preparing for our 2022 AdironDuck Race Event and we want to communicate to you what we need for volunteers. The race weekend this year is April 22 – 24th.
The event will once again be a "Live Event", We are excited to bring back both the pancake breakfast and 1,000+ people to the property.
If you have volunteered in the past, consider us back to"normal". However, This will be our first true opportunity to share the new dining hall with the public. The mere presence of Sentinel Hall will change how Duck Race weekend will unfold in the future. This will be the public's first opportunity to experience Sentinel Hall, making it an incredibly important year for Oswegatchie.
If you are interested in volunteering, please RSVP with your intent to volunteer. The sooner you respond, the better able we will be to match you with accommodations. We have set a goal date of April 18th, 2022 for everyone interested to RSVP.
We will need volunteers starting at 8:00 AM Saturday until everything has been cleaned up on Sunday after the event. With this in mind, we are asking the following of interested volunteers for that weekend:
1. We encourage volunteers to arrive sometime on Friday.
2. All volunteers will report to breakfast by 8:00 AM on Saturday.
2. Volunteers will be asked to assist in more than one area throughout the weekend.
3. All volunteers will assist with pre-duck day preparations on Saturday.
4. All volunteers will need to be at breakfast at 7:00 AM on Sunday.
5. We need assistance from all volunteers in the cleanup process. This should be quick if all hands are put to work.
In exchange for your dedication and work to this project each volunteer will receive the following:
1. Friday and Saturday Night Lodgings.
2. Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. Breakfast & Lunch Sunday.
5. The satisfaction of knowing that you are assisting Oswegatchie in accomplishing its mission.
Be prepared for all types of weather. This goes for working and lodging. Warm beds sometimes become scarce duck race weekends.
Notes from the Past...
- We are going to put spouses/parents as teams together on projects unless one spouse will be the dedicated caregiver to their kids.
- If you are bringing your dog, please have a crate in your sleeping area and the dog in the crate when you are not with your dog. Keep Dogs on a leash and pick up any excrement.
If you have any questions about the Duck Race or any other volunteering opportunity, simply contact Oswegatchie. We look forward to hearing from everyone and having an excellent weekend.
Duck Master General