PHTA Code of Ethics and Required Signature
All members of The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance® shall be requested to observe and be dedicated to the following principles and policies:
• To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
• To be aware of, and make reasonable attempts to comply with, all applicable federal, state, county, and city codes including, but not limited to, International Building Code, International Residential Code, International Fire Code, International Energy Conservation Code, International Plumbing Code, International Mechanical Code, International Fuel Gas Code, National Electric Code, International Swimming Pool & Spa Code; acquire licenses; file permits; and, maintain proper insurance, as required.
• To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
• To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
• To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
• To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
• To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
• To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
• To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
• To use the PHTA name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by PHTA, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in PHTA.
• To file a complaint with PHTA regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
• To cooperate fully with any PHTA investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
• Violations of the Code of Ethics are investigated and evaluated by processes outlined in the Governance Policies approved by the PHTA Board of Directors.
I affirm, that to the best of my knowledge, all statements made within this document are both true and accurate. I further acknowledge that I have read, understood, and am committed to adhere to the PHTA Code of Ethics. I have reviewed ANSI/PHTA standards and the PHTA Workmanship Guidelines. I commit to build all my pools and spas to meet or exceed the appropriate ANSI minimum standards, as well as the PHTA Workmanship Guidelines.
Furthermore, I have read, understood, and will comply with the conditions set forth in this agreement. I understand and agree that if I do not complete all the re-certification requirements promulgated by PHTA for the ECBP/MCBP program by the expiration date, my ECBP/MCBP credential, registration, and advertising privileges will be terminated.