Pursuant to Chapter 121 of the Schwenksville Borough Code, the following minimum requirements must be met before a certificate shall be issued:
Upon transfer of lease to a new tenant, no residential dwelling unit shall be occupied, in whole or in part, until the issuance of a rental use and occupancy certificate by the Building Code Official that said dwelling unit conforms to the following requirements:
(1) Outdoor swimming pools, spas and hot tubs must be enclosed with a fence, barrier (gates) in accordance with Section 303.2 of the 2006 IPMC and 2009 IRC Section AG105, as amended.
(2) Cellar drains or sump pumps connected to a public sewer must be removed.
(3) Roof drains must not be connected to a public sewer
(4) A smoke detector must be installed on each floor level and in every sleeping room and oust side of sleeping rooms. Hardwired smoke detectors must be maintained. Additional smoke detectors required by this code may be battery operated.
(5) A CO detector must be located in the vicinity of sleeping rooms when a dwelling unit has an attached garage or fuel burning appliance. Hardwired CO detectors must be maintained. Additional CO detectors required by this code may be battery operated.
(6) A fire extinguisher equipped with a hose and nozzle and of a five-pound ABC dry powder rating must be supplied for the kitchen.
(7) An existing acceptable 60 ampere service, or a minimum of 100 ampere three-wire electric service, must be installed
(8) All kitchens, bathrooms, powder rooms, laundry rooms, unfinished basement areas, garages and exterior locations; or any outlets within six feet of water source, must be supplied with a ground fault receptacle.
(9) Plumbing must meet sanitary conditions and safety.
(10) All gas ranges must be supplied with shutoff valves installed behind the range.
(11) All electrical ranges must have an outlet installed at the rear of the range.
(12) Anti-tilt devices to be installed on all ranges. § 121-2 § 121-2:14
(11) Proper Dryer Ventilation in accordance with Section 403.5 of this Code
(12) If mold or mold-like substances is suspected by the BCO upon inspection of the rental unit, the suspected mold-like substance shall be tested by a certified mold remediation company and if confirmed, mold shall be removed from rental unit, by a certified mold remediation company and a report documenting the mold remediation shall be provided to the Code Official.
(13) Building numbers or approved building identification shall be placed in a position that is plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. These numbers shall be contrast with their background. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals. Numbers shall be a minimum of four inches with a minimum stroke width of 0.5 inch.
(14) Handrails for steps in accordance with Section 304.12 and compliant with the Building Code.
(15) The property must be in clean and sanitary condition
(16) A certificate of inspection must be provided by a Borough authorized heat and oil burner service dealer for the heating unit.
(17) All solid fuel burning appliances and the chimney/vent must be cleaned and inspected by a Borough authorized chimney sweep or service dealer of the heating unit.
(18) All hazardous building, safety, fire, plumbing and electrical violations cited at the time of inspection by the Code Enforcement Officer shall be corrected in the time specified by the Building Inspector and Fire Marshal.
The property shall be subject to compliance with all other Borough Ordinance including the Zoning Code and Solid Waste Ordinance.