S.P.I.C.E (Sisters Persevere In Conscious Evolution) is a year round project for low income women and their children with a special focus on women of color. CCE’s S.P.I.C.E program strives to:
1. To empower women and children through CCE programs that will provide affirming life-skills, enhanced self-esteem, connection to community and awareness in a safe, supportive environment.
2. To engender, in both women and children, the importance of fitness, health and wellness, connectivity, and positive childhood experiences which will bring joy, knowledge and confidence.
3. To connect program participants to avenues for knowledge/education through community workshops, referrals, mentorships, tutoring and internships.
· Babysitting: On site babysitting/childcare will be available afterschool, weekends and for all workshops.
· Quarterly Family/Group Outings: Bringing women and children in the program together to build positive attitudes, self-worth, fun memories and enrich a sense of collective community support within the group.