1. Artists must be 18 years or older.
2. You must pre-register online and proceed to create a Facebook Fundraiser event.
3. CHECK-IN is between 8–10 am, Saturday, June 25, 2022
1. You can have as many canvases or surfaces stamped as you want.
2. You may submit up to 2 new works by 5:00 pm the day of painting.
4. Watercolor “block pads” will not be stamped at check -in. Single sheets of paper only.
5. All work must be created solely by the artist and done completely from life.
6. All work must be completed at your assigned farm.
7. No mechanical or photographic assistance is to be employed.
8. All work is to be completed June 25, 2022, during The Farms of Great Lakes Bay Region Plein Air Paint-Out 2022.
Requirements for Submitted Artwork
1. All artworks must begin on a white or toned ground.
2. All work is to be done in a framable medium wired for hanging.
3. Artwork size must be no larger than 24” (including frame) on any side.
4. Frames should not exceed 4” in width.
5. Unframed gallery wrapped art must be at least 1” in depth. Edges must be taped and/or pre-painted with an acrylic paint. No wet paint on edges.
6. Work on paper must be framed and under glass/Plexiglas.
7. Only artwork stamped and painted during the Paint -Out on June 25, 2022, can be sold. Studio 23's curator must be able to check the back of the canvas or paper for the stamp prior to framing/hanging.
8. Don’t forget to sign your artwork.
9. You will receive title cards to fill out with title, media, artist, and price.
10. Studio 23 reserves the right to disqualify any work deemed objectionable or that does not adhere to the rules and guidelines of the competition. All decisions of representatives of Studio 23 will be final.
Pricing and Sales Information
1. Price your artwork commensurate with your normal pricing structure.
2. Prices for artwork are not negotiable once they are entered into competition at end of the painting day.
3. Sales commission is 40% to Studio 23, the event sponsor, and 60% to the artist, and is required for all paintings sold. Please take this into consideration when setting price. All work that is submitted must be for sale. No NFS (Not For Sale) artwork is allowed as part of this presentation exhibit. All sales handled by Studio 23.
In the event of inclemate or unsafe weather conditions, artists should seek shelter or return to Studio 23. If neccesary, alternate arrangements will be made at that time for the completion of artwork by 4 p.m.
I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the above-mentioned activity at my own risk. I am aware of the risks of participating in the above-mentioned activity, including but not limited to adverse weather, injuries, and damage or loss of personal property. Studio 23 is not legally liable for injuries, damages, or loss of personal property that could happen as a result of my participation. I understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from my own or others’ negligence, conditions related to travel, or the conditions of the activity location(s). I assume all related risks, both known and unknown to me, of my participation in this activity, including travel to, from and during this activity.
I agree to allow Studio 23 to use my photo and photos of my artwork for promotional purposes on social media platforms, our website, emails, and/or print promotions.