Terms & Conditions
IN CONSIDERATION of allowing my minor child/ward to participate in the programs, activities and events of Southwest Soccer Academy,
I ASSURE TO YOU THAT:
1. I am the parent/guardian of the above named participant having full legal responsibility for decisions regarding the above named participant.
2. I believe that my minor/ward is physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in the programs, activities and events of Southwest Soccer Academy.
3. I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards include, but are not limited to injuries from:
a. Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer;
b. Dryland training including weights, running and massage;
c. Grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
d. Falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
e. Collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
f. Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
g. Extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
h. Contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
i. Vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
j. Exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
k. Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
4. Furthermore, I am aware that my child/ward may:
a. Sustain injuries in soccer that can be severe, cause spinal cord injuries and even be fatal;
b. Experience anxiety while challenging himself/herself during the activities, events and programs;
c. Come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
d. Risk of injury is reduced if he/she follows all rules established for participation; and
e. Risk of injury increases as he/she become fatigued.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, on behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin that my signing of this document constitutes:
5. I am registering my child/ward willingly and my child/ward is participating voluntarily in these activities, events and programs.
6. I agree that there are risks in soccer as described above and my child/ward will be exposed to these risks and hazards.
7. I agree to accept all these risks and hazards and be responsible for any injury or other loss which my minor child/ward might receive while participating in these events, activities and programs.
8. If something happens to my child/ward, I release the Organizers of responsibility for any claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my child/ward’s participation. I understand “Organizers” to mean: The Ontario Soccer Association, District Associations, Leagues, Clubs and their directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities, and representatives.
Release of Liability
In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate, I agree to the following:
- To assume all risks arising out, associated with, or related to my participation;
- To be solely responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that I might sustain or cause; and
- To release the Organization from any liability for any and all claims, demands, actions, and costs that might arise out of my participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions, or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
Photo Release Authorization
I allow Southwest Soccer Academy, the right to take photographs of me. I authorize Southwest Soccer Academy, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.
I agree that Southwest Soccer Academy may use such photographs of my child with or without their name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
I ACKNOWLEDGE MAKING THIS AGREEMENT
I have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement, and by signing it voluntarily, I am agreeing to abide by these terms.