GUIDELINES FOR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
First United Methodist Church
Warner Robins, Georgia
1. To be eligible to receive an award from the Memorial Scholarship Fund, a person must be a member of Warner Robins First United Methodist Church, who upholds the church with his or her prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
2. The award will be applied to tuition, room and board, and books.
3. Each person desiring to receive assistance from the Fund must file a written application. The forms may be obtained from the church office or submitted virtually and must be filled out completely, meeting the minimum word-count for each essay, to receive consideration by the committee.
4. As funds are available, awards will be made to undergraduate or graduate students who are judged by the committee to merit financial assistance from the fund. The committee makes its decisions primarily on need, involvement in religious activities and commitment to Christian service, and the quality of the essays. (Membership in the church by itself does not automatically qualify the applicant for an award.)
5. Persons applying for an award for the first time will be expected to meet with the committee if requested to do so.
6. The deadline for filing applications is Sunday, May 15th 2022.
7. Recipients of scholarships will be publicly recognized on a student-by-student basis.