14 -- $750 Scholarships will be awarded
1. Eligibility: Students must be graduating high school senior in 2024. The student’s parent or legal guardian must be an active subscriber of Venture Communications. Students must have a cumulative B average or above grade point average.
2. Scholarship Type: The scholarships will be awarded based on Citizenship, Community Service, Academics, and School Involvement. The scholarships will be awarded prior to the start of the second semester of the 1st year students are enrolled in a post-secondary school or Vocational Technical Institute.
3. Application Deadline and Requirements: Applications are available online at www.venturecomm.net/scholarships. For more information contact the local high school counselor’s office or Venture Communications at 605-852-2224.
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed online application via the Venture Communications website.
- The application must be complete, with the required documents and signature of the applicant.
- Photo for use in the Venture Communications newsletter and press release.
- Grade transcript for Junior and Senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation from Faculty and/or Administration of High School or Employers. Letters of recommendation should support the information provided in the application.
Applications must be submitted online no later than March 8th, 2024.
4. Judging Criteria: All applications will be reviewed, and the recipient will be selected by a qualified selection committee. Applications will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Citizenship and Community Service
- School Involvement
- Leadership Skills
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
5. Scholarship Award: The scholarship will be awarded, when possible, during commencement exercises or awards presentations at the respective schools. The scholarship check will be made out in the name of the scholarship recipient.