The applicant(s) are responsible for:
1. The applicant will pick up the key the week of their reservation between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. unless it is
on the weekend you must pick up key on Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.;
2. Main Street Amherst is not responsible to call applicant to come and get the key on the day or the day before they
have reserved the building;
3. If you forget to pick up the key, the building will be unavailable for your use and no refunds will be made;
4. Rental fee is to be paid in advance not after the event along with deposit (if applicable);
5. The return and good condition of the Main Street Community Center property reserved; and remove all personal
property at the end of your contracted time for your event (an attempt will be to contact primary person but after
one (1) week item(s) will be thrown away);
6. Any financial charges incurred for services requested, or required by policy (i.e. Main Street may assign custodial service, building monitor, security coverage, or any other service deemed necessary);
7. Adhering to and enforcing the following restrictions:
A. Do not attach or mount any objects to the walls, floors, ceilings, doors or woodwork with adhesives that leave a residue, nor tacks, nails, staples, screws, nor any permanent fastener of any kind;
B. Do not attach or mount any paper, posters, fliers, signs to the windows with adhesives that leave a residue; for safety reasons, no attachments are permitted on the glass window of any door;
C. If furniture is moved, it must be put back as found;
D. Do not set-up or display objects, art projects, decorations, etc. unless all said objects are removed at the end of the stated reservation period;
E. Empty all trash cans (even if they are not full) and take trash to the dumpster located in the back parking lot (please do not forget the bathrooms). Key for dumpster is hanging by back door.;
F. Place new garbage bag into the trash cans (bags are in the back closet);
G. Turn off all lights except the ones that are marked by the switches;
H. Vacuum room before leaving;
I. Do not block any doors;
J. Make sure all faucets/toilets are not running before you leave;
K. Do not disturb anything that does not belong to your group;
L. Lock the front door and deposit key into the mail slot on the opposite door;
M. Clean bathrooms before leaving (products are in the closet); and
N. Wash or sweep foyer floor before leaving (during winter months or if needed).
8. The applicants are accepting responsibility for all risk and injury to themselves or other persons that may result from the scheduling of the event;
9. Failure to comply with any or all of the above restrictions may result not only in extra charges to be billed to you but, you personally, or your group or organization, may lose privileges for the Main Street Community Center in the future;
10. The applicant(s) is signing and giving permission to be billed directly for any damages incurred during reservation for said event;
11. This application should be with the renter when using the facility;
12. This application is not transferable;
13. The building shall be open for inspection by any authorized Main Street Amherst/City of Amherst person for the purpose of assuring the use of the property in compliance with law and order;
14. All Applicants must be 18 years old or older and this person assumes all responsibility and personal liability for the breakage, destruction or removal of the property by any member of the group. Adult supervision of children’s group is required at all times; and
15. All groups must give a deposit of $100.00 that is refundable after the event if the building is left in the same condition as before you entered – to be determined by the Main Street Executive Director.
16. If your group has a re-occurring meeting/event in the building and you do not show up twice, we will be forced to remove your group from the calendar.
17. If you/your group need to cancel your event, it must be done in writing and signed by all parties at least seven (7) days before your event, otherwise, you forfeit your rental fee and/or deposit.
This group agrees to indemnify and hold the City of Amherst and Main Street Amherst harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, or suits of any nature arising from the groups use or occupancy of the facility.
I declare that the statements on this form are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Any violation of the terms and conditions of this Application shall be sufficient cause for the cancellation of the group’s usage of the facility.