Thank you for your application! In the site code entry box below, please type Initial and then click Auto Complete Fields, as your site does not yet have a site code.
Part-time care is defined as offering less than 30 hours of care per week, with up to a maximum of 129 hours per month, including care offered on holidays, and before and after school.
Full-time care is defined as offering care for 30 hours or more per week.
2. I understand that I will be subject to regular monitoring or payment activity to ensure that my status as a Type III center providing part-time, before & after school, and summer care only has not changed.
3. I understand that should my situation change and I begin serving children in full-time care during the Academic Year, I must notify the Department of Education, Office of Early Childhood of this change within ten (10) business days of that change.
4. I understand that should my status as a provider of part-time, before & after school, and summer care change to full-time:
SHOULD MY CENTER BEGIN SERVING CHILDREN FOR FULL-TIME CARE, I CERTIFY THAT MY CENTER WILL:
1. MEMBERSHIP IN THE COMMUNITY NETWORK
3. PARTICIPATION IN THE COORDINATED ENROLLMENT PROCESS
MY ORGANIZATION WILL COMPLY WITH ALL PROVISIONS OF STATE BOARD OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION (BESE) BULLETIN 140 – LOUISIANA EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION NETWORK AND MY ORGANIZATION WILL:
2. PARTICIPATION IN THE EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION ACCOUNTABILITY SYSTEM
ANCILLARY CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS FOR TYPE III CENTERS:
I understand the following:
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate does not fulfill the requirements of a valid and current Louisiana teaching certificate for lead teachers in publicly funded pre-K (LA 4 and NSECD) classrooms and it will not qualify an individual to work as a lead teacher in public schools. The bachelor’s degree and teaching certificate requirement for pre-K teachers in public and non-public schools will remain the same. Head Start teacher requirements will continue to follow the national credential and qualification guidelines.
MY ORGANIZATION WILL COMPLY WITH ALL PROVISIONS OF STATE BOARD OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION (BESE) BULLETIN 140 – LOUISIANA EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION NETWORK. I HEREBY CERTIFY I WILL COMPLETE ALL RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED BELOW.
Once you click submit, your submission will be finalized and shared with the Louisiana Department of Education. Completed submissions will be used to issue Academic Approval to your site and ensure compliance with Bulletin 140 at all sites. If you would like to review any pages, you may click "back" to view and make any necessary edits.
A copy of your submission will be sent to the email entered in the "Primary Contact Email Address" box on the first page of these assurances.
Thank you for your work to serve children and families in our state.