The Lindon City Youth Council is an organization that is dedicated to providing leadership training and service opportunities for interested Lindon youth in grades 9-12. Youth Council offers Lindon area teens opportunities to gain a greater understanding and appreciation for their community, its citizens, and elected officials through service and interaction.
The Youth Council helps the elected officials understand the needs of children and youth in the community and works with groups throughout the city to provide service and leadership opportunities. This is a great opportunity to learn more about your local government, participate in community events and activities, and have fun!
What to expect:
Typically, there will be one (1) meeting and one (1) activity/service project a month. The members of the Youth Council will also attend a legislative session at the Utah State Capitol in January where they have the opportunity to meet our legislators and hear guest speakers. During the year, Youth Council members will be expected to attend/watch one city council meeting to report on to the Youth Council.
Meetings to be held once a month from 4-5 pm on either the 2nd or 4th Monday of each month.
Activities and Events (subject to change)
- May 1, 2023 - Present new LYC at City Council
- May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day Program
- June 6, 2023 - Summer Kickoff Event with Parks and Rec
- July 10, 2023 - Meeting - YC Elections & Boat Regatta entry project
- July 29-August 5 Lindon Days Events
- August – NO MEETING DUE TO LINDON DAYS – Specific events to attend listed below;
- Monday: Car Show (present winners their ribbons)
- Tuesday: Ice Cream Social with the City Council at Pioneer Park
- Judge the Belly Flop contest at the Pool
- Thursday: Rodeo Arena Grand Entrance
- Friday: Queen’s Tea at the community center and Parade walk.
- Saturday: First Responder’s Breakfast and Boat Regatta competition
- September 25, 2023 - Meeting
- October 9, 2023 Meeting (Public Works Leaf Pickup and tour of facilities)
- October 27, 2023 – Trunk or Treat/Halloween Spooktacular Event
- November 8, 2023 – Youth Life Hacks Event
- December 11, 2023- Meeting
- December 2023 – Christmas Community Event
- January 8, 2024 -Meeting
- January 2024 – Legislature Day (most likely during the 3rd week)
- February 12, 2024 – Meeting
- March 25, 2024 – Meeting
- April 2024 – Closing Social with Parents
- Late April/Early May: Service Project planting flowers at city monument
- May 27, 2024 – Last Activity Welcoming new Youth Council at Memorial Day Program
· Live in Lindon City
· Be in grades 9th-12th for 2023-2024 school year
· Each member has a tremendous responsibility to uphold their commitment and to attend the meetings and planned activities. A one-year commitment May 2023-May 2024 is required and must be able to maintain an 80% attendance. It is anticipated that your time commitment will be approximately 6 hours or less a month.
·Set a proper example to the community at all times with citizenship in good standing