Thank you for taking time to investigate the openings we have in the Independent Education Association. We’re glad that you are interested in joining our team!
We are looking for both teachers and administrators for our programs. We’ll take them each in turn.
We are looking for teachers for
- The Wasatch Independent Debate League (speech and debate)
- The Startup Club (business and entrepreneurship)
- Our constitution and moot court class
In each of these programs teachers will receive
- A comprehensive curriculum to teach
- Training for the position
- Ongoing support and training
- Excellent Compensation
We are looking for teachers who have a strong mix of
- Love of teaching teens
- Skill as teachers
- Relevant educational and/or experiential background in teaching
- A belief in the values of our organization
- A commitment to be professional, consistent, and to grow as a teacher
- Content knowledge
We believe (and research backs this belief) that good teachers are not born, they are made through dedication, good training and support, and willingness to learn and grow as a teacher. Therefore, if you feel that you are lacking in some areas mentioned above, please still feel free to apply. We want to invest in our teachers over the long term to help them excel at their craft and to build a stable, year over year program for our students.
Also, the positions we are offering are much more flexible than many other teaching options. We are looking for teachers who want to teach online, in person, or both. We are happy to bring on teachers who want to teach just a couple classes, many classes, or something in between.
We are looking for administrators to take care of issues like sending out regular emails and reminders, fielding non classroom level questions, maintaining websites and calendars, ordering materials, communicating with necessary outside entities, etc. Positions will likely be a few hours a week (this may fluctuate), will allow for remote work, and will allow for you to work around your current schedule. We’ll provide training and good compensation. Administrators will need to bring into the arrangement the ability to work remotely (basically a computer and the internet).
We are looking for people who are
- Organized and detail oriented
- Disciplined in staying on top of communications
- Are pleasant, kind, and will make communicating with our organization a positive experience.
- Have the technological expertise to use the Google suite of products (email, docs, sheets, forms).
If you are interested in any of these options, please fill out the form below!