BEFORE COMPLETING OUR BOOKINGS FORM, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Our facilities strive to provide a very safe non-threatening environment for upper endoscopy and colonoscopy in our freestanding day surgery clinics. For your convenience we provide easy access, free parking, and staggered arrival times, with an expected stay of approximately two hours; unlike a major hospital where a procedure can take all day from admission to discharge. Unfortunately due to safety concerns our admission criteria may not be suitable for all patients.
Your safety is our first priority. As such if any of following conditions apply to you, it may not be suitable to been seen at one of our facilities.
- Severe obesity (body mass index of 45 or above)
- Body mass index of 40 or above as well as mutliple significant comorbidities
- Severe heart or lung problems
- An implanted defibrillator
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- A diagnosed cognitive impairment or significant memory loss
- Significant limited mobility, or use a wheelchair
- A history of bad reaction to an anaesthetic
- Severe active mental illness under treatment with a Psychiatrist
- No suitable carer to look after you before and after your procedure
If you believe that any of the above may apply to you, please speak to your referring doctor or contact us for advise on 3801 2220.