Noted below is the student leadership agreement for all OMD student organizations:
● In order to serve on a student leadership team, a student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 AND cannot be on chapel, academic, or disciplinary probation. By signing and dating below you are stating that you meet these requirements and give permission to the Registrar’s Office and Student Development to release this information to the Office of Multicultural Development staff for verification purposes.
● My primary responsibility is being a student and I am expected to attend classes, chapel, and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
● I have taken time to thoroughly read the Wheaton College Community Covenant and the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment. I will support and completely adhere to these commitments.
● If I am placed on any type of probation, I will inform the OMD Director. I recognize that being on any type of probation during the academic year which I am serving could disqualify me from serving as a student leader.
● I have read the OMD and Student Development Purpose Statements located at http://www2.wheaton.edu/Registrar/catalog/ug_student_life.htm#Student_Development. I will unite to serve within these purposes.
● My commitment to serve as a student leader is for a full academic year.
● There is an importance of maintaining open communication with the OMD Director. If I have areas of concern, I understand that I can obtain encouragement and resources from the OMD Director during my time of service.
● My attendance is required at the OMD Spring Banquet on Friday, April 28, 2023, 6:00pm to 8:30pm. I will attend this on-campus event.
● I commit to attend the IGNITE reception meeting on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 (Phelps, 3:45pm to 5:15pm).
● The OMD Student Leadership Training is scheduled for Aug 14 through Aug 19, 2023. I will be attend this required Training. The approved student arrival is Sunday, Aug 13th from 2pm to 5pm. I will attend the OMD Student Leadership Training kick off dinner on Sunday, August 13th at 5pm.
● If I am a cabinet president, I will establish and attend a bi-weekly meeting with the OMD Director throughout the academic year. I also understand that I will be required to participate in OMD Presidents’ Forums (Synergy) which will be scheduled once a month throughout the academic year.
● To maintain a healthy balance, this specific leadership position within OMD will be my primary co-curricular commitment. If I would like to participate in other leadership positions, I must obtain approval from the OMD Director.
● During the academic year there will be monthly OMD IGNITE student leadership meetings. As part of a cabinet, I plan to faithfully attend these monthly Ignite meetings.
● Throughout the year, OMD will be hosting various campus events. I understand that I am required to help out with these events.
I accept the responsibilities noted above and I am fully committed to uphold this standard that has been set before me.