Vice President of Affiliate Services
The Vice President of Affiliate Services has strategic and operational responsibility for oversight and the development of CARES affiliates. The Vice President of Affiliate Services focuses on leadership, knowledge management and mentor recruitment partnerships to ensure that all the CARES programmatic work is advancing its mission and meeting the needs of our children and families. This role will oversee affiliate operations across the country and ensure that all affiliate leaders have the resources and support they need to implement our mentor recruitment efforts. Additionally, the role will oversee and support the capacity building for current affiliates and successfully launching new affiliates within the framework of the organization’s strategic growth plan. The Vice President of Affiliate Services will lead training development and the implementation of a national quality-assurance protocol and continuous improvement model that incorporates both quantifiable and qualitative data.
The Vice President of Programs will report to the Chief Programs and Partnerships Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management, Development, Data Collection, Reporting:
- Manage and provide day-to-day support, guidance and leadership to Affiliate Leaders throughout the national network, in order to implement and execute CARES’ initiatives and plans in support of the organization’s mission
- Directs strategic, market-specific planning and affiliate development
- Utilizes data (mentor recruitment, deployment, and retention) to support the development of affiliate programming. Collaborates with the programs team to evaluate strategies and measure progress toward goals and provide recommendations for improvement
- On-boarding new leaders and supporting seasoned leaders so that CARES can continuously capture helpful and accurate information from the field; this includes creating a defined process map, creating, monitoring, and ensuring compliance of Affiliates with benchmarked processes, and managing onboarding information so that it is consistent and accurate for all Affiliates
- Create reports on mentor-recruitment trends, best-practices, successes, and challenges at Affiliate sites
Internal and External Stakeholder Management, Engagement, Training:
- Oversees the governance of the affiliates and meets annually with each affiliate leader to discuss their goals, type of support needed and receive and provide feedback on performance
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships with national and local partners, including school districts and community organizations
- Keeps up to date with developments in volunteer engagement, mentoring practices, knowledge management and innovation
- Helps identify and secure appropriate resources to support the professional development of affiliate leaders
- Serve as the agent and influencer in developing leadership skills of Affiliate Leaders and mentors
- Organize and lead any in-person or virtual Affiliate conferences and trainings
- Design, develop and manage all regular communications with the Affiliates, including Monthly All Affiliate Leaders’ Conference Call and any project training or additional webinars/conference calls as needed
- Manages the planning, budget development and budget management for the annual CARES Affiliate Summit
- Works with CARES leadership and development teams to manage the CARES Affiliate program budget by monitoring the cash flow and appropriate spending at sites, when applicable
- Commitment to the National CARES strategy and mission
- 10 years of demonstrated leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in effectively leading a performance-based and outcome-based program, including program expansion
- Strong leadership and management of staff or volunteers experience in a multi-site organization
- An understanding of the volunteer engagement, especially the mentoring and youth development sectors
- Significant skills in organizing, analyzing, presenting data, reaching conclusions, and developing recommendations.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online project-management tools, email, texting, and social media applications, such as Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge and understanding of 501(c)(3) and non-501(c)(3) organizational structures, policies, mentoring best practices, laws and ethics in order to provide quality assurance guidance and support to Affiliates
- Ability to work effectively, and virtually, in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Collaborative team player who is willing to pitch in to help others advance their goals
- The ability to manage a variety of priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Masters degree preferred
In your cover letter please outline why this position is of interest, exactly how your experience matches the qualifications stated and what you believe differentiates you from other candidates.
The salary range is $140,000 – $150,000 for this full-time remote position with occasional national travel for meetings, program site visits or events. The advertised pay scale reflects the good faith minimum and maximum salary range for this role. The advertised pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage for any specific employee. The specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, education, special licensing or qualifications, organizational equity considerations, and other factors.
CARES provides generous paid time off, professional development opportunities, and pays 80% of comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. FSA, 403(b) options are offered as well.
About the Organization
The National CARES Mentoring Movement is a pioneering, community-mobilization initiative, anchored by 58 local CARES Affiliates across 26 states, that directly addresses the life-shredding effects of intergenerational Black poverty and lays a blueprint for community recovery. We are the nation’s recognized leader in the recruitment, training and engagement of African American mentors, and the only organization providing holistic programming on a national scale to undergird and advance impoverished Black children by providing them with the emotional, social, academic and career-readiness support they must have to become self-sustaining, successful contributors to our society.
National CARES Mentoring Movement is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.