Board Member Expectation Statement
1. Support Volunteer McKinney's mission, vision, values, purposes, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
2. Suggest possible nominees to the Board who are men and women of achievement and who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and the progress of Volunteer McKinney.
3. Serve actively on committees of the Board.
4. Participate in the planning of activities and events sponsored by Volunteer McKinney.
1. Prepare for and participate in the monthly Board meetings, committee meetings, and Board retreat.
2. Ask timely and substantive questions at Board and committee meetings consistent with personal conscience, convictions, and ethics, while supporting the majority decision on issues decided by the
3. Maintain confidentiality of the Board's executive sessions and speak for the board or Volunteer McKinney only when authorized.
1. Serve Volunteer McKinney rather than any particular interest group or constituency.
2. Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest that might compromise the Board or Volunteer McKinney and disclose any possible conflicts to the board in a timely fashion.
3. Never accept or offer any favors or gifts from or to anyone who does business with Volunteer McKinney.
1. Exercise prudence and sound fiscal practices with the Board in controlling and transferring funds.
2. Faithfully read and understand the financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
1. 100% Board participation in annual contributions.
2. Assist Volunteer McKinney development of and implementation of fund development strategies.
3. Assist in fundraising as needed.
Our mission: Connecting people to their passion through volunteerism and supporting Collin County nonprofits through training and collaboration.