Laramie County Fair Rules and Regulations
1. The Laramie County Fair reserves the final and absolute right to interpret general rules and regulations and settle and determine matters and differences that may arise in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Rules and Regulations.
2. The Laramie County Fair is a member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) who supports the IAFE National Code of Show Ring Ethics. It is the exhibitors’ responsibility to read, understand, and comply with the IAFE National Code of Ethics. A full description of the IAFE National Code of Ethics is located at www.fairsandexpos.com.
3. All shows are open for public viewing.
4. Special rules are published in each department and division where necessary. The Laramie County Fair is a Fair that involves the union of two different National Organizations; 4H and FFA, and as such, must have a separation between those Organizations’ shows and rules. Laramie County Fair also incorporates Youth Shows with the need for an additional set of rules to govern those shows individually. Within this Fairbook, you will find three sets of Rules and Regulations setting forth these Organizations’ individual guidelines that need to be followed depending on what show you may be involved in at the time. Please be cognizant of what Organizations’ show you are participating in and what Rules, Regulations, procedures, and enforcements you may need to follow. Please be aware that the Laramie County Fair cannot and will not enforce any rules or regulations involved with 4H or FFA shows.
· 4H Contact- Kristi Nagy- 307-363-1090 or Dawn Sanchez- 307-799-8780
· FFA Contact- Respective Chapter FFA Advisor
· Fair Contact- Nicholle Watkins- 307-633-4671
Refer to individual Departments and Divisions for special rules and regulations.
5. By making entry to the Laramie County Fair each exhibitor, exhibitor’s parent(s) and/or legal guardian acknowledge that he/she has read, understands, accepts and will abide by the liability requirements and all policies, the National Code of Show Ring Ethics, and rules and regulations of the Laramie County Fair.
B. Liability Statements
1. All exhibitors and exhibits must comply with the policies and regulations of the Laramie County Fair. The Laramie County Fair, its employees, agents, elected and appointed officials will in no case be liable or responsible for any loss or damage that may occur to or with any exhibit. Each exhibitor shall indemnify the Laramie County Fair, its employees, agents, elected and appointed officials against all legal or other proceedings in regards thereto, as well as damage, injury or loss to any other person or property, caused by the exhibitor, or any other person or property, or any of the animals exhibited by him/her, or arising out of, or in any way connected with, such exhibition of any of the animals so exhibited.
2. I hereby acknowledge that engaging in activities in connection and association with the programs, events and activities of the Laramie County Fair carries an inherent risk of injury, property damage and financial loss, including, but not limited to, physical, financial risks and risks to property. I also acknowledge and understand that the Laramie County Fair makes no representations, guarantees, assurances or warranties for safety, function or my continued participation, in regard to its actions, plans, work, activities, events, equipment or supplies. In full acknowledgment of the inherent risks my request to participate is hereby consented.
Further I do hereby, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives and assigns release and discharge the Laramie County Fair, Laramie County and/or any of their elected officials, employees, agents, volunteers and their successors and assigns from all actions, causes of action, damages, claims or demands both direct and consequential, for all known or unknown personal injuries, property damage or financial loss resulting from or arising out of, or in connection with, my request to participate in events, activities, programs or other actions in association with or at the direction of the Laramie County Fair.
I certify and warrant that I have read and fully understand the foregoing Release. Further, I am REQUESTING TO PARTICIPATE AND RELEASING OF LIABILITY, freely, voluntarily and without coercion and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in activities of the Laramie County Fair and other good and valuable consideration. I further certify that I am 18 years of age or older. If I am a minor, my parent or guardian, fully participates in and acknowledges the contents and effect of this waiver and release on my behalf.
3. All fair participants including but not limited to exhibitors, spectators, vendors, entertainers, superintendents, etc. causing property damage will be responsible to the injured party either by paying for any and all damages directly to the injured party or by paying a subrogation claim made by the injured party’s insurance company.