WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
DISCLAIMER: The UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA and NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any injury or loss of property to any person suffered while warming up, practicing, traveling, playing, or participating in Camp Activities for any reason whatsoever, including ordinary negligence.
The Releasor serves as a parent/guardian whose child (camper) wishes to participate in Camp Activities. In consideration for the privilege of participation in the program, the Releasor consents and agrees to the following:
1. Releasor certifies that camper is physically capable of participating in Camp Activities and that he/she will take responsibility for physical fitness and capability to perform under normal conditions in these Activities. Releasor is encouraged to get camper physician’s opinion prior to participating in these Activities. In the event of a medical emergency, the University of Nebraska or NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER, or its representatives have my permission to take whatever measures they deem reasonable to render assistance and that I and/or my family will be financially responsible for any expenses involved.
2. Releasor realizes that camper participation in these Activities involves certain risks and danger and may be a vigorous activity involving severe respiratory and cardiovascular stress. Releasor has hereby been made aware that participation in these Activities has the following non-exclusive list of certain risks which I accept: death; head, eye, neck, and spinal injury resulting in complete or partial paralysis; brain damage; heart attack; blisters; cuts; lacerations; abrasions; concussions; contusions; strains; sprains; dislocations; fractures; cold and heat injuries; water immersion; drowning; lightning strikes; injury to bones, joints, muscles, internal organs; and environmental conditions. In addition, I understand and accept the incidental risks of travel to and from the site of activity; participation at sites that maybe remote from available medical assistance; and the possible reckless conduct of other participants.
3. Consequently, while understanding that the University and Camp has taken precautions to provide organization, supervision, and equipment for reasonable safety, Releasor assumes joint and personal responsibility for safety while camper is participating in these Activities.. Releasor accepts personal responsibility to ensure that any equipment needed to participate in these Activities and used by the camper is safe and functioning properly and to refrain from causing loss or damage to the property of the University and Camp. Releasor realizes that he/she is solely responsible for any personal equipment, supplies, or property camper may choose to use during the duration of the activity.
4. Releasor further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the University and Camp for any and all claims or actions as a result of engaging in, using University and Camp facilities and equipment, or any activities incidental thereto whatsoever, whenever, or however the same may occur.
5. Releasor is aware that if he/she uses a vehicle not operated by the University and Camp for transportation to, at, or leaving the activity site, the University and Camp is NOT responsible for any damage caused by or arising from Releasor’s use of such vehicle. Furthermore, Releasor acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any action the camper takes outside the scope of those actions permitted by the University and Camp for purposes of the particular activity regardless if occurring before, during, or after the duration of the activity.
6. In consideration of participation in these Activities, Releasor hereby RELEASES and covenants notto-sue the UNIVERSITY and NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER for any and all present and future claims resulting from ordinary negligence on the part of the UNIVERSITY and NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER for property damage, personal injury, or wrongful death arising as a result of camper engaging in, using University and Camp facilities and equipment, or activities thereto, wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur. Releasor hereby voluntarily waives any and all claims or actions resulting from ordinary negligence, both present and future, that may be made by Releasor’s family, estate, personal representative, heirs, or assigns.
I have read and understand that this WAIVER is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Nebraska and agree that if any part is held invalid, the remaining parts of this WAIVER AND RELEASE will continue in full force and effect as intended. I further agree the venue for any legal proceeding shall be in the State of Nebraska.
I understand the rights that I am waiving and that I am freely signing this WAIVER AND RELEASE. I have read and fully understand that by signing this agreement I am giving up legal rights and remedies, which may be available to me for ordinary negligence of the University and Camp. I further agree to follow and abide by the regulations and rules of the UNIVERSITY and NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER as they pertain to said Activities and to reimburse and make good to the UNIVERSITY NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER any loss, damage, or cost the UNIVERSITY and NEBRASKA WRESTLING TRAINING CENTER may have to pay as a result of my participation in the program.