Affiliate membership is available to organizations and businesses that provide products and/or services to the field of special education and/or adult services and who support the mission and goals of NAPSEC. Affiliate status is authorized under NAPSEC Bylaws Article IV, Section 2 and granted under rules and regulations adopted by NAPSEC Board of Directors. Affiliates are not members of NAPSEC and Affiliate status does not confer membership rights of any kind. Organizations eligible for general membership are not eligible for Affiliate status. Failure to pay dues or to abide by Rules adopted by NAPSEC shall result in termination of Affiliate status.
The granting of Affiliate status by NAPSEC is not an endorsement, real or implied, of the products and/or services offered by the Affiliate. The Affiliate may not claim any such endorsement by NAPSEC of its products and/or services in any oral, written, visual, audio or electronic communication. By signing below, the Affiliate understands and agrees to this prohibition of endorsement rights.
Given its mission, NAPSEC has adopted a Code of Ethics to guide itself, member programs, and Affiliates in their conduct. The Code of Ethics highlights the fundamental values and ethical principles considered essential to our mission and the mission of our members.
NAPSEC Affiliates must:
1. Act honestly, truthfully and with integrity in all transactions and dealings to reflect positively on the profession, NAPSEC and member agencies.
2. Keep the rights, needs and interests of the children, youth, and adults for whom services are provided as the focus of all transactions.
3. Strive for excellence and innovation and demonstrate professional respect and responsiveness to clients, contracting public agencies, donors, and others.
4. Treat every individual with dignity, respect, and fairness.
5. Treat all executives and staff from other agencies with respect, and accurately and fairly represent the services provided by colleagues.
6. Avoid conflicts of interest in transactions and relationships and notify NAPSEC if they exist.
7. Act responsibly toward the communities in which member agencies work and for the benefit of the communities they serve.
8. Be responsible, transparent, and accountable for actions.
9. Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
10. Honor commitments and promises to the best of abilities.
11. Not discriminate in relationships or services with children, youth and adults, contractors, and colleagues on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Adherence to this code of ethics is a requirement of Affiliate membership. If a possible instance of unethical practice on the part of an Affiliate is brought to the attention of NAPSEC, it may be referred to the Board of Directors for consideration of a response up to and including expulsion/probation as detailed in Article IV, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
I have read this application, understand the conditions and requirements of Affiliate Membership of NAPSEC as described herein, and agree to abide by these conditions, code of ethics, and requirements.