3 year term (2024-2027)
Applications due 19 January 2024.
For more information, contact Florence M. Guido, Director of Research & Scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marylu McEwen Dissertation of the Year is awarded annually to a person whose dissertation “demonstrates scholarly excellence and makes a substantial contribution to knowledge in the general field of student affairs/student services.” The selection process takes place in Fall/Winter and the recipient is recognized at the annual convention in Spring. The coordinator(s) of the DOTY process are responsible for the following:
- Work with staff at the International Office to update the ACPA website and other communication materials with information about the application process.
- Recruit nominations/applications and reviewers for the DOTY by disseminating nomination/application and reviewer procedures to ACPA members in a variety of forums.
- Coordinate the nomination and review processes.
- Identify the recipient of the award.
- Coordinate with the International Office and Awards Coordinator to appropriately recognize recipient at the annual convention.