Please read carefully before completing the application. No experience is necessary.
The Role and Responsibilities of a Pageant Director
1. A Junior & Teen Mississippi Hospitality Pageant Director is responsible for putting the entire pageant together in their city, town, village, or county should she choose to hold a local pageant to secure a contestant(s) for the state pageant.
2. Recruiting girls in their demographic area. The Director may recruit one contestant per division.
Little Miss (Pre-Kindergarten to 2nd grade)
Young Miss (3rd - 5th grades)
Junior Miss 6th - 8th grades)
Teen Miss (9th - 12th grades)
Director can also choose toddlers for The People's Choice Scholarship Award.
3. Referring Judges for the pageant.
4. Making sure there are prizes for the contestants. This includes assisting the State Executive Director with finding sponsorship partners. There are ways this is done:
You meet with local business owners, telling them about the Miss. Junior & Teen Mississippi Hospitality State Pageant and why it's a wonderful way to invest in a sponsorship. (See "BECOME A SPONSOR" on the pageant's website at www.juniorteenmisshospitality.com).
You may sell vendor space in the program book, sell business or congratulatory ads or offer to promote products onstage or with the contestant. This is not a requirement but there commissions you can receieve from each ad.
You may also ask business owners for donations of any of the pageant prize packages prizes.
5. You may serve as a coach/trainer and teach your contest(s) the proper way to stand, walk, or wave so they have a better chance of winning and charge a fee for your services.
Incentives for Being A Pageant Director:
1. Formal announcement flyer on social media sites and websites.
2. 10% commission for each contestant recruitted, and ad sold.
3. Special Invitation to the Director’s Meet & Greet and the Director’s Luncheon (Date & Venue TBA).
4. Free half page ad in the Pageant Program Guide valued at $200.00.
5. Pre-approved advertising posting privileges in Pageant Group for your business services and/or products.
6. Admin rights to the Facebook page to promote your contestant(s). The Graphics Team is available to create contestant’s flyers for promos.