There is no coverage for medical expenses resulting from COVID-19 and related conditions while on a Side-Trip outside of Canada if a Government of Canada Level 3 (avoid non-essential travel) or Level 4 (avoid all travel) travel advisory related to Covid-19 is in effect for you or for the destination on the day they leave Canada.
Please monitor travel.gc.ca for travel advisory updates from the Government of Canada.
You are not eligible for coverage under this policy if:
• you are traveling against the advice of a physician;
• you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than two (2) years to live;
• you have been diagnosed with or received treatment within the last two (2) years for pancreatic, lung, brain, or liver cancer; or any type of cancer that has spread from one part or organ of the body to another (metastatic cancer);
• you have had or are waiting for an organ or bone marrow transplant (excluding corneal transplant);
• you have a kidney condition requiring dialysis;
• you have used home oxygen during the 12 months prior to the date of application;
• you reside in a nursing home, other long term care facility or rehabilitation centre; and/or
• You are age 86 or older (unless buying the Basic Plan)