Begun during the early days of the pandemic, BlessUP exists to instill courage and hope in the day-to-day lives of young people through the medium of carefully crafted text messages. Our vision is to increase both the depth and breadth of our reach by engaging more young people and expanding the ways in which we bring them encouragement.
Click here to learn more about BlessUP
As the BlessUP Social Media & Marketing Coordinator you will help BlessUP become a leading source of encouragement for young people across the GTA, Ontario, and Canada.
- Social Media: Manage the BlessUP Instagram account and explore the possibilities of establishing a BlessUP presence on other social media platforms.
- Marketing & Promotion: Assist in the development and implementation of a marketing plan to promote BlessUP.
- Networking: Network with churches and Christian organizations to see how BlessUP can be a partner in their work.
- Community: Participate in the development of a plan to establish BlessUP community both online and in-person.
- Youth Ministry: Engage in text conversations with participants and participate in the development of a sustainable plan for growing this initiative.
- Fundraising: Participate in the planning and facilitation of BlessUP fundraising opportunities and events.
- Vision Casting: Participate in ongoing visioning to help BlessUP deepen its mission.
- Pursue a vital spiritual life and growing relationship with God as a devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be a faithful and contributing member of a local church
- Experience with design and social media
- Competent in MS Office and Google Suite
- Warm, personable, and service-oriented
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience working as part of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours/week). The salary of this staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is funded on a missionary basis – requiring the successful applicant to fundraise and gather a personal support team for a portion of their salary.
Please submit a resumé and cover letter. Your resumé should note (1) your employment experience; (2) your ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification. Your cover letter should include a description of (1) How you would integrate your faith with this role and (2) your heart for youth and (3) any experience you have working with youth. (Each response should be 150 - 200 words).
If you have any further questions, please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-383-1229 ext. 7316. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.