In consideration of being given the opportunity to participate in Cape Cod Rowing, Inc referred to as CCR in the town of Barnstable , rowing and related activities including but not limited to land training, launching and/or landing shells, handling equipment and rowing ("Activity") until the end of this calendar year, I for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs,and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of rowing and related activities, both on the water and land-based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that:
· ROWING RELATED ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury,including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”);
· these risks may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions , or inactions, of others participating in the programs and activities of CCR, the conditions in which the programs and activities take place, or the negligence of the “releasees” named below;
· there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not foreseeable at this time; and I
FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. I AGREE AND WARRANT that I shall be cautious and make every effort to safely move equipment between the boathouse, town property and Lake Wequaquet and report to the CCR coaches or board members any damage created by myself to my equipment or to CCR’s equipment or equipment owned or leased by CCR members. I agree to examine and inspect each Activity in which I take part as a member of CCR and that if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to hold liable nor sue CCR, its administrators, directors, agents, officers volunteers and employees, and other participants, club organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which CCR activities and programs take place (each considered one of the releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and. I further agree that if, despite this release waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damages, or costs which they may incur as a result of such claim.