All Guardians fly on a "first come, first serve" basis. Experienced Guardians might be pulled forward to fill certain mission-critical requirements, e.g. Squad Leader.
The requirements to be a Guardian:
- CPR - current certification is required for those flying to Washington, D.C.
- Medical Information Form and a "Fit to Fly" form (over age 71) each Mission.
- Guardian Roles/Responsibilities signed online must be renewed each year.
- A "Do Not Sue & Web List" form signed online must be renewed each year.
Experienced Guardian Fees:
- Experienced Guardians for DC Flights: $100 donation
- Squad Leader for DC Flights: No donation
- Flightless Guardians $50 donation
The amount of donation is reviewed annually by the VHF board and is subject to change. Villages Honor Flight, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charity. All donations are tax deductible.