The Applicant and the Organization represented by him or her agrees with the School as follows:
1. The Applicant and the Organization will be jointly and severally liable and responsible for any and all damage to the building, furniture, equipment and other property of the School which arises during or is related to the use of the Canterbury School facilities by the Organization. A deposit of $300 will be applied by the School to any such damage, and unapplied amounts shall be returned to the Organization, and/or full payment must accompany this form at the time of booking.
2. Except as provided in paragraph 2a below, the use of the facility will not involve the use of alcohol, tobacco products, weapons of any kind, or any activity, which is likely to cause damage to school property, or create conditions likely to cause injury to the participants in the use.
2a. The serving of alcohol will be allowed solely at the discretion of Canterbury School and only by vendors with valid, state issued liquor licenses approved by Canterbury School.
3. No Canterbury School facility shall be considered as reserved until this Facility Use Agreement and all required fees have been delivered to and accepted by Canterbury School.
4. The Organization and the Applicant agree to leave the facility described above ready for the next day’s operations and in the condition in which it was found when first used by the Organization. The school reserves the right to deduct or charge any costs incurred due to maintenance, janitorial costs, or repair. Canterbury School’s representative on the premises will be responsible for reporting the conditions of the premises.
5. Neither Canterbury School nor any of its trustees, employees, or agents shall be responsible for any personal injury or damage or loss or theft of clothing or equipment of the Organization, Applicant, or any other person which occurs in connection with, or is related to, the use of the facility by the Organization.
6. The Organization shall be responsible for the conduct of all persons admitted to the buildings and grounds of Canterbury School, and shall insure that all of Canterbury School’s regulations with respect thereto shall be observed and satisfied. This includes, but is not limited to, the expectation to maintain a non-smoking campus.
7. The Applicant and the Organization agree to insure that all persons admitted to the use of Canterbury School’s facilities shall have vacated the School property promptly at the time when its use of such facilities terminates, as set forth above in the Agreement. If the premises are not vacated promptly at the time agreed upon, an additional charge of $150 per hour or part thereof will be assessed to the Applicant and the Organization. Canterbury School’s representative on the premises will be responsible for reporting the time at which the premises are vacated.
8. The Applicant and the Organization hereby jointly and severally agree to indemnify and hold harmless Canterbury School, its trustees, agents and employees from and against all liability for personal injury, damage or loss sustained by the Applicant, the Organization, or any other person or entity as a result of, with respect to, or in any way connected with, the Organization’s use of the Canterbury School’s facilities and premises. The Applicant and the Organization hereby jointly and severally agree to pay for, indemnify and hold Canterbury School harmless from and against any and all damage to the property of the School which arises as a result of, with respect to, or is in any way connected with, the Organization’s use of the School’s facilities and premises.
9. Canterbury School has the right to cancel this agreement at any time if it is determined that the Applicant/Organization is not conducting transactions/behaviors properly.
10. Canterbury School has the right to cancel reservations due to conditions of facilities because of weather conditions.
11. In the case of an individual applicant, Canterbury School requires the following information before this Agreement is considered final: