AS A CAPTAIN I WILL:
1. Give advice
2. Teach by example
3. Run the trolling motor (if needed)
4. Help land fish with a net (Encourage the anglers to learn to land their fish with a net)
5. Remove tangles (if the line is in the water, then angler may not use other equipment until the line is removed or untangled and returned)
6. Assist with knots and leaders as desired
7. Promote a positive, encouraging, TEAM environment, Sportsmanship is the number one priority!
8. Be FAIR, ensure 50/50 boat control among anglers unless anglers concede their control
AS A CAPTIAN I WILL NOT:
1. Cast lines or lures
2. Set the hook
3. Reel or play fish to the boat
4. Make final decisions about fishing strategy or technique
5. Fish during the tournament
CAPTAIN RULES/REQUIRMENTS SNAPSHOT: (READ ALL RULES & REQUIREMENTS)
• Local Guides Can only captain if they are a parent of one of the anglers.
• Captains must be 21 years of age and older.
• Captains may be subject to a background check, at the tournament official’s discretion.
• TBF Triple Threat Tournament Series reserves the right to deny any Captain/Coach.
• During Competition, anytime the combustion engine is running, coaches MUST be seated in the driver’s seat in full control of the boat, with their life jacket and kill switch on.
***DAY OF COMPETITION, NO Youth Angler OF ANY AGE may run the combustion engine at any time unless it is an emergency, if a Youth Angler is running the main motor, they may be disqualified from the tournament, if this continues to be a problem the Youth Angler and Captain may be banned from participating in future Youth Series events as this is a serious safety and insurance matter. ***
• All Youth Anglers must fish from the boat during the tournament, if angler(s) need to step off the boat for any reason fishing must stop until the angler(s) gets back on the boat. Example: Angler A needs to step off to use the restroom, fishing will stop until Angler A gets back on the boat.
• All Youth Anglers must fish from the boat during tournament hours. Anglers can not fish from shore during the tournament.
• Fishing within 50 feet of an operating gas pump/dock or within 50 feet of a competitor’s boat, which is first anchored, is prohibited.
• Captains have an obligation to report any rule violations to the tournament director immediately.
I/We,______________________________in consideration for permission to voluntarily participate in ANY event(s), anor related activities conducted by any Federation Angler affiliated groups including but not limited to; The Bass Federation,(TBF), Student Anglers Federation,(SAF), National Bass Anglers Association, (NBAA), The Walleye Federation, (TWF) and all other affiliated events andor MLFLW,LLC, either jointly or separately, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that: The risk of injury, disability, death, loss or damage to my person or property from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; AND, I have been advised by the event organizers and have had the opportunity to seek legal counsel with respect to the legal effect of this document; AND, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISKS REFERRED TO ABOVE, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE ORGANIZERS andor, their officers, officials, directors, shareholders, agents, and/or employees, other participants, and sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, their parent and affiliate companies and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises and property used to conduct the event OR any others connected to the event (collectively “RELEASEES”), AND HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISKS ARISING FROM MY PARTICIPATION; AND, I willingly agree to comply with the terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the immediate attention of the nearest official; AND I, FOR MYSELF AND ON BEHALF OF MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS “RELEASEES”, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHICH I SUFFER OR WHICH I AM FOUND TO HAVE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY MY NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, OR OTHERWISE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
I agree to submit, by signature on this document, to a polygraph or voice stress analysis examination. Hereinafter known as a truth verification test, and abide by its conclusion. Truth verification test(s) will be used at the organizer’s sole discretion, and administered by its agents. I understand that failure to pass the examination as determined by the event organizers will result in disqualification. I certify that the number shown on my entry forms (if required) is my correct taxpayer identification number.
Having fully acquainted myself with the tournament rules, I have completed this application and submit it for my entry. In signing this application, and by my presence at the event, I hereby agree to be bound by and comply with all tournament rules, participant release of liability and safety regulations. I expressly assume all risks associated with the tournament. If I am using a boat during the official practice or the event, I certify that I now have, or will obtain prior to the event, property damage watercraft liability insurance having a reasonable limit. Said insurance must cover injury and/or damage incurred in connection with the event. Upon request, I will provide satisfactory evidence of said insurance. I certify that training compliant with the Youth Safe Sports Act of 2017 has been made available to me this year if I am participating in a youth event.
I hereby wave my rights of privacy or publicity with regard to the unconditional right to use my name, voice, photographic likeness, video, and biographical information and fishing tips and instructions in connection with any reproduction of same, videoaudio productions andor articles and press releases by the event organizers, their parent or affiliate companies, and those acting under their permission, anywhere at any time, through any medium or media. I shall not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use. I further understand and agree that the tournament officials reserve the right to reject my application for any reason whatsoever.The Participant(s) signifies by their signature below that they have read and understands the foregoing provisions.
Confirmation BY ACKNOWLEDGING AND SIGNING BELOW, I AM DELIVERING AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE THAT WILL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE. THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WILL BE EQUALLY AS BINDING AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE.