SENSE FOUNDATION BRUSSELS' CONTRIBUTIONS
- Maximum 25% of a project / initiative costs;
- Grants can vary. The typical range is €5,000 to €25,000, per NGO / Non-profit Organisation / Charity/ University. Lower or higher amounts can be considered;
- Contributions are usually one-off and mostly non recurring (except funds to Universities, which provide grants to their students).
- The project is impactful and aligned with the objectives of the Foundation;
- The project must clearly describe the needs it addresses, its positive impact and the effective use of funds;
- The requested funding represents a maximum of 25% of the total costs of the project, including staff costs if applicable;
- Projects which do not align with the Foundation's objectives;
- Commercial sponsorship requests, sponsoring of sports or cultural events, sponsoring of fundraising activities for NGOs and other charitable causes;
- Projects previously submitted;
- Projects/ charities directly affiliated with any political or religious organisation or actively promoting any particular faith or ideology;
- Failure to provide an evaluation of the organisation's project's effectiveness (current or past projects);
- Incomplete submissions;
- Projects / organisations with high overheads or funding costs.
- The project is realistic and coherent with SENSE Foundation Brussels objectives;
- The project addresses at least 1 and preferably 2 or more objectives of the Foundation;
- The Foundation' support contributes to a positive and lasting impact (sustainable approach);
- The project methodology is sufficiently described and is appropriate;
- The project is in line with the Foundation's inclusion, equality and diversity values;
- The Foundation’s contribution provides a “booster” to the organisation supported, to find additional funding from other sources or make progress beyond the amount that may be contributed by the SENSE Foundation Brussels;
- The beneficiary organisation has demonstrated being effective in the past with funds received;
- The overhead, advertising and funding acquisition costs of the beneficiary organisation are inferior to 20% of the funds collected (i.e. at least 80% of funds received from donors are allocated to the objectives / beneficiaries of the charity supported).
All applications will be reviewed to make sure they are complete and aligned with the Foundation’s objectives. It may be that the Foundation Team asks for additional information.
The valid applications will then be reviewed, once a year in the fourth quarter, by SENSE Foundation Brussels' prioritisation Committee, which will select the proposals according to the objectives of the Foundation, its prority areas of focus and the overall impact of the proposed action.
The selected beneficiaries will be notified between October and December of each year.
A funding contract will be executed and the funding generally provided within 30 days of the signature, and before the end of the civil year.
The Foundation expects a short report (70-200 words maximum, in English) on the use of the allocated funds at the end of the project. A reporting template (and examples) will be provided in due time to all beneficiaries. Any foreseen delays in the project should be proactively notified to SENSE Foundation Brussels.
A confirmation of receipt will be provided by the Foundation Team when the application has been received. Feedback will be provided via e-mail after review of the application by the foundation.
Donations can be split among several projects while remaining impactful and meaningful for the organisations or students/ researchers that receive the donations.