BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Please see below for the overview of our general guidelines before filling out the Application Form.
OUR VISION WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
Being positive caring members of our communities is an important part of who we are. The Harcourts Foundation enables us to better support our team in the way they wish to support their communities.
OUR CURRENT FOCUS
We have a clear focus on providing grants to reputable community-based organisations which need funding for projects and initiatives designed to benefit as many people as possible. We will prioritise applications that demonstrate that their grant will have the widest community impact.
HOW IT WORKS
Harcourts New Zealand team members donate a percentage of their commission from the sale of properties and these funds are administered by the Harcourts Foundation. Every dollar donated goes into communities where they’re needed.
The contributing offices know their local communities best and decide which charities, groups or projects they wish to support in their area. Examples include local schools, surf lifesaving clubs, Riding for the Disabled, Hospice and other small charities which struggle to find funding.
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item, or initiative.
Requests for the event, project, item or initiative must be scheduled to occur within six months of receiving the grant.
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, the funds MUST be returned so we can provide the grant to another group elsewhere.
- If you are a branch of an organisation or charity where another branch has been successful in achieving a grant from us in the past: this does not mean you automatically qualify for a grant; and each applicant will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- Please attach a quote with your grant application which matches the dollar amount you are requesting. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications without a quote.
By submitting this application, you confirm that;
- All the requested and attached information supplied in the Application Form is true and correct and you acknowledge that such information will be used for the purposes of assessing your application for funding from The Harcourts Foundation
B. And you have read, understood and accepted the guidelines above.
All grant applicants MUST:
Complete ALL details in the Application Form
You must include copies of supporting documents i.e. quotes.
Any incomplete Application Forms will NOT be considered.
If you have any issues or you do not receive a confirmation email after submitting your application, please contact us.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF:
Your grant application request is for any of the following:
- Individual needs - such as salaries or wages. Our focus is on supporting as many people as possible within our communities.
- Administrative or operational costs.
- Overseas or other travel costs.
- Religious, political, or hobby causes or activities.
- The purpose of which the funds are sought don't fit into the Foundation's objectives.
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW
Below are the details of The Harcourts Foundation Grant Application Form, please ensure you have all the details before applying.
Part 1 The Application Group: Contact details of the organisation.
Part 2 Project Activity Information: Here you will need to describe you organisation's purpose, description of project, total budget for the project, amount ($) being requested, describe the people and size of the group which will benefit from the Grant, what is the expected timeframe and are there any forseeable risks. We would also require you to attach quotes for your project.
Part 3 Declaration: You will need to agree to The Harcourts Foundation Application declaration before submitting your application.
Part 4 Apply: You can then click Apply and your form will be sent to The Harcourts Foundation. You will then receive an email confirming your submission of your application.