Schedule Guidelines for Two Performances
On a visit with two performances, our typical schedule looks something like this:
- 60 minutes before Show #1 Start - Tour Company arrives at venue, load-in begins
- 15 minutes before 1st Show Start - Students arrive to begin seating so we can start on time
- SHOW #1 START - Performance #1 begins, followed by a Q&A
- 1 hour after Show #1 Start - Students dismissed
At least 30 minutes are needed in between performances to re-set all props and costumes for the beginning of the show. If the first performance begins any later than 9:30am, a lunch break of at least 30 minutes will also need to be added into the schedule, along with an additional 15 minutes for them to get back into costume and seat the next group of students. This means that the 2nd performance can begin no sooner than 90 minutes after the start time of the first show, or 2 hours and 15 minutes after the start time of the first show if it begins later than 9:30am (which necessitates adding a lunch break).
- 15 minutes before 2nd Show Start - Students arrive to begin seating so we can start on time
- SHOW #2 START - Performance #2 begins, followed by a Q&A
- 1 hour after Show #2 Start - Students dismissed
- 75 minutes after Show #2 Start - Tour Company begins load-out procedures
- 2 1/2 hours after Show #2 Start - Tour Company departs from school.
Please keep in mind the length of time the Tour Company will be at your school/venue on either side of the performances, and adjust your performance times accordingly. For example, if you schedule your second performance in the School Gym for 1:00pm, the Tour Company will be packing up and moving scenery through the gym until 3:30pm (2 and a half hours after the second show time, per the schedule above). And if you need the gym for student dismissal beginning at 2:45pm, that's not going to work out so well!