TOURNAMENT INFORMATION AND RULES
1. This Tournament is a Bermuda Lawn Tennis Association (“BLTA”) event and will be played under the rules of tennis, as approved by the USTA Rules.
2. All matches will take place at Pomander Gate Tennis Club unless otherwise indicated. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to schedule matches at other venues.
3. PLAYERS MAY ENTER A MAXIMUM OF THREE TENNIS EVENTS. Please indicate in order of preference on the Entry Form. Players entering more than one event must be prepared to play one match each day in each event entered, if the schedule requires.
4. Age groupings are determined by age at THE END OF THIS YEAR.
5. The entry deadline is noon on Wednesday, June 29th, 2022. Each competitor must submit an individual entry form along with full payment to Pomander Gate Tennis Club. Please note entry fees are NON-refundable.
6. Players are welcome to attend the draw at 12.30 on Friday, July 1st at Pomander Gate Tennis Club.
7. Tennis participants must be current members of the BLTA to play in this Tournament. Players who are not already members for this year should include the $40 fee herein and obtain and complete a BLTA membership form (available from the BLTA office or website www.blta.bm).
8. Matches may be scheduled for play between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day. However, the tournament will try to accommodate players 14 and over who are working, hence, some matches may be scheduled up to 7:30 p.m. All players must make themselves available during the tournament hours. Players may make a note of any MINOR time problems on the entry form and the Tournament Committee will try to accommodate them. Players who do not expect to be available up to and including finals day should not enter the tournament.
9. Each day’s schedule of play will be posted in the Clubhouse and on the PGTC website www.pgtc.bm. We hope to email it out each night too, however it is the responsibility of each player to find out when they are scheduled to play.
10. Competitors are expected to be ready to play at their scheduled time. A competitor may be defaulted, at the discretion of the Tournament Committee or Referee, if not ready to play at the time the match is called.
11. All players are entitled to a maximum of 5 minutes warm up with their opponent.
12. The format of the draws will ensure players have at least 2 matches in each event entered. The Referee retains the right to determine the number of seeds in any event.
13. SCORING - All 12&U/14&U/16&U/18&U singles matches will be the best two out of three regular tiebreak sets. Doubles scoring in 12&U and 18&U categories will feature a championship tiebreak at one set-all. However, an event may be cancelled or the format may be changed at the Committee’s discretion in the circumstances.
14. Green dot balls will be in use for all 10&U singles matches. Scoring may be changed at the discretion of the Referee.
15. Players must report to the Tournament Desk on arrival. The Game Penalty System for lateness will be in effect throughout the Tournament. When courts are not available, competitors are expected to remain at the Tournament venue until courts become available or until the Referee halts play for the day. The winner of each match must return the balls and report the score to the official at the Tournament Desk. Appropriate tennis attire is required on court at all times.
16. During the tournament, the Tournament Desk telephone number is 236-5400. This will only be answered weekdays 9-12 and 15 minutes before and after matches are scheduled to be on court. We recommend all after-hours enquiries be directed to email@example.com. In an emergency, call the tournament director (David Thomas) at (441) 705-4441.
17. Players are expected to display good sportsmanship at all times. The BLTA Code of Conduct and the Point Penalty System will be in effect throughout the Tournament.
18. If a player experiences difficulties, he/she has the right to request assistance from the Tournament Referee.
19. The Tournament Referee is empowered to take whatever measures deemed necessary in the interest of the Tournament, including defaulting competitors without the Committee, Club, Sponsor or Referee being in any way liable. Roving Umpires may be used throughout the Tournament.
20. The PRIZEGIVING will take place after the last match on the final day of play Pomander Gate Tennis Club. Details will be published with the final day schedule of play.
Code of Conduct
The Committee will not tolerate BAD MANNERS, RACQUET THROWING, BAD LANGUAGE, CHEATING, or POOR SPORTSMANSHIP! The BLTA code of conduct will be in effect throughout the Tournament. Any tournament official has the right to warn any player should he/she not conform to the required standards; and after such a warning, default the player should he/she commit a second offence. The Tournament is sanctioned by the BERMUDA LAWN TENNIS ASSOCIATION and will be played under the Rules of Tennis as approved by the International Tennis Federation. The number of seeds is at the discretion of the Referee.
The tournament committee is committed to ensuring that the tournament site complies with all COVID related protocols that are in place during the tournament. All players must enter the tournament site via the Pomander Gate Tennis Clubhouse where they will be checked in prior to play.
When you register for the tournament, we may collect the following information from you: first name, last name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, payment information, partner name, BLTA number. We use this information to provide you with tournament services.
If you communicate or correspond with us by email, via telephone or through other forms of communication, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your inquiry; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
· To vendors or third parties who deliver or provide services, or otherwise act on our behalf or at our direction;
· To our volunteers and board members to provide our services;
· When we believe it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement or in response to a government request, including if specifically requested or required, as otherwise permitted by law.
For any personal data we collect, we will retain the personal data for as long as is needed for the purposes of planning, running, and closing out the tournament, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as legal, accounting, or other purposes). When we have no justifiable business need to process your personal data, we will delete it.
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your personal data under our control. We cannot guarantee, however, that your information will remain secure. The internet is by its nature a public forum, and we encourage you to use caution when disclosing information online. Often, you are in the best situation to protect yourself online.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal data, please email Pomander Gate Tennis Club Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org