The Bike Buddy Program
The goals of the program:
- To improve my confidence to bike frequently by learning about cycling safety and traffic rules
- To explore the city and my neighborhood while having a good time with my mentor
- To have an effective and affordable commute to places, services, people, jobs, etc.
- To meet and make new friends who also participate in the program
As a Bike Buddy, I pledge:
1. To complete the entire three-month program by meeting my Bike Buddy mentor at least once a week on 1-2 hours bike rides.
2. To attend at least two group events and activities organized throughout the duration of the program.
3. To maintain communication with my Bike Buddy mentor once a week to coordinate the bike rides.
4. To complete the weekly trip log/ any survey sent by the program coordinator.
5. To reach out to the program coordinator when any concern or issues come up.
6. To return the loaned bike if I cannot complete the full program.
I have read the Bike Buddy Commitment pledge and understand the program and the activities that are part of it. The bike provided at the start of the program is a loan. If I do not complete or drop out of the program, I will return the bike and accessories back to the Ecology Action Centre.