Opioid Presentation Questions
Dr. Jason Portnof, October 11, 2022
Dental License Number, DN
1. Which of the following are elements of post-operative pain assessment?
Onset and Pattern
Quality of Pain
All of Above
2. Which of the following is a reasonable pain management strategy?
Multimodal Pain Management
Strictly Opioid Pain Management
Strictly Non-Opioid Pain Management
None of the above
All of the above
3. Unless otherwise contraindicated, which of the following remains the first-line drug therapy of choice for most dental pain?
Short Acting Opioids
Long Acting Opioids
None of the Above
4. The AAPD Policy Statement on Substance Abuse in Adolescent Patients states that codeine and tramoline are contraindicated for treatment of pain in children younger than 12.
5. Which of the following ADA recognized dental specialties have official statements on opioid prescribing or pain management?
A. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
B Pediatric Dntistry (AAPD)
C. Orthodontics (AAO)
D. Periodontology (AAP)
E. A and B
Should be Empty: