1. A team consists of 4 members- 1 rider, 1 mugger, 2 holders - (1 alternate may be listed per team).
2. No team member may participate on more than one team.
1. No help can be given to the rider.
2. Riders must dismount with both feet on the ground before mounting the next horse.
3. Riders must ride all three horses for one complete lap around the course.
4. Designated riders cannot be changed after the race has started.
5. All team members must wear ribbon shirts or team colors, utilizing traditional dress elements. No hats, jeans, sweats, athletic pants, etc.
1. There is a four-horse maximum, and they cannot be replaced after the final call.
2. No horse may participate on more than one team.
3. Loose horses will result in automatic disqualification.
4. Horses must be painted in traditional patterns for all the races.
ENTRIES & DRAW
1. Maximum of 32 teams, 8 per heat, with the top 2 finishers from each heat qualifying for the Championship race. Fair management reserves the right to adjust the number of heats, number of teams per heat, and championship race qualifiers per heat based on total number of entries.
2. Each team may participate in one heat only.
3. There will be a blind draw for heats as noted in the Race Information section.
1. All races will be started by flagger with riders mounted.
2. The Official Flagger has the right to disqualify for false starts.
3. Any team with two false starts will be disqualified. Flagger may call for a ground start after two false starts.
4. Races may be videotaped for review by judges.
5. Judges’ decisions are final.
1. A designated team member must collect any prize(s) and must have a valid, current picture ID and a completed W9 (or W8 BEN for Canadian residents) in their name.
2. Prize money can be picked up at the Fair Office after official results are submitted.
Reasons for disqualification not already mentioned above include but are not limited to: acting inappropriately toward Judges, Flagger, or other teams, and tampering with horses to enhance their performance.