Carnival's Picnic in the Park has been abbreviated to CPITP within these Stall Rules for ease of reference.
Carnival's Picnic in the Park is a subsidiary event of Leighton-Linslade Carnival and all decisions are subject to the approval of the Committee of Leighton-Linslade Carnival (referred to as the Committee General
1. Stallholders must supply their own tables, chairs, gazebos etc.
2. Raffles are not permitted to operate at the CPITP event without the express permission of the Committee. The selling of raffle or lottery tickets on a trade stand is strictly prohibited unless the operation is covered by licence under the Lotteries and Amusements Act,1976. A copy of this licence must be produced at the time of the stall application and must be approved prior to the event.
3. The Committee reserve the right to use all donated prizes from stallholders for fundraising at any event run by Leighton-Linslade Carnival for fundraising purposes or any other purpose throughout the year.
4. Stallholders are not allowed to raise money for their own organisation by collecting tins or similar.
5. The selling of livestock or alcohol, or giving it as a prize, is strictly prohibited. Any stall wishing to have alcohol as a prize must display a voucher exchangeable for the prize offsite at the end of the event and must be approved prior to the event.
6. Stallholders are responsible for the observance by themselves, their employees and their contractors of the Health and Safety Act of 1974 and the relevant statutory provisions that cover all safety regulations.
7. The catering rights for CPITP are held exclusively by Leighton-Linslade Town Council and are not available to other businesses or organisations. Exhibitors may NOT sell or distribute any food, confectionery, cakes, beverages (alcoholic or otherwise), cigarettes or tobacco except by those who have a specific prior agreement with the Committee.
8. Quiet running diesel generators (completely muffled) or loudspeaker systems are only permitted with the permission of the Committee. Only diesel powered generators are permitted by prior agreement. Generators MUST be switched off during re-fuelling and have a suitable fire extinguisher available nearby.
9. Stallholders may not charge for entry into their pitch. This does not apply to certain entertainment providers, subject to prior permission from the Committee.
10. The Committee, its officers, servants and volunteers will not, in any way, be liable to any persons whatsoever for any damage or loss, however caused, to the property of any such person or for any injury, fatal or otherwise, to any such person whilst at the event.
11. Every stallholder or participant shall be solely liable for any loss, injury or damage that may be done to or occasioned by or rising from any article or property exhibited or brought on to the ground by or for him, and he shall indemnify the Committee on account of or in respect of any such damage or injury.
12. Only those goods, services,entertainment or activities declared on the Booking Form will be permitted to be sold or provided.
13. Political and religious groups must confine their activities to within their stall pitch. No member of the public is to be approached, by helpers from these stalls, on any other part of the ground.
14. "No smoking laws apply to all marquees and enclosed areas. The Committee or a representative of the Fire Service may inspect marquees, occupied areas and stalls to ensure maximum fire safety.
15. The Committee reserve the right to refuse participation in the CPITP event at any time, including on the day. The Committee's decision is final. On The Day
16. Before you leave: Please check the Facebook page 'Picnic in the Park Leighton Buzzard' at 7am on the day of the event in case of the event being cancelled due to extreme bad weather. The event will take place in the rain. The event would only be cancelled in exceptional circumstances or extreme weather to ensure the safety of all participants and visitors.
17. On arrival at the ground you MUST use the Grove Road entrance and report to the site manager prior to setting up in your allocated space. You will not have access to the park from any other entrance.
18. Your stands or stalls etc. can be erected on the park ground from 08:15 hours on the day of the event and must not be removed until 14:00 hours. You may not start packing your stall before 14:00 hours.
19. All vehicles must be parked behind the area of your pitch during unloading and your vehicle must be removed to the on-site public parking area by 09.45 hours at the latest. All other vehicles must be removed from the site by 09.45 hours, as vehicles will not be allowed to enter or leave the ground after this time. Parking is at owner's risk.
20. To comply with CPITP's Health & Safety requirements, there will be NO vehicular movement on the park grounds after 9.45 hours. The ban on vehicle movement applies until the end of the event at 14:00 hours and may be varied on the day by the CPITP site manager. Medical emergencies are excluded from this clause, but movement must be approved by a member of the Committee or emergency services, and the vehicle must be accompanied whilst in the recreation ground.
21. Vehicles arriving for the removal of stands at the close of CPITP will not be allowed to enter the ground until the vehicle movement curfew has ended and approved by the Site Manager
22. All vehicles moving on the recreation ground must have hazard lights switched on, and travel at no more than 5mph at all times.
23. Stalls must show trading name and address on their pitch and on any relevant public liability insurance certificate.
24. Stallholders are responsible for maintaining and leaving their area in a clean and safe condition. Failure to do so could result in a litter picking surcharge of £25.00.
25. All injuries must be reported to the First Aid Post at the main CPITP gazebo.
26. Stallholders are required to comply with the instructions of the Site Manager at all times. Anyone not doing so will be expelled from the ground and no refunds will be given for stall fees.
27. Booking fees are not returnable except in the unlikely event that Carnival's Picnic in the Park is cancelled by the Committee.